SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Do all US spec SL cars have these features ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do all US spec SL cars have these features ?

I was reading a detailed description of an european version of SL

Theft protection: a sensor to guard the interior

To deter theft, the new SL-Class also has a newly developed interior central locking system fitted as standard, which locks the glove compartment, the stowage compartment under the armrest between the seats and the two compartments at the rear. It is linked to the SL-Roadster's exterior central locking system; however, the compartments can also be locked individually.

The anti-theft alarm system (ATA) also takes account of the special requirements of an open-top automobile: the system's prominent feature is a new sensor which watches over the SL sports car's interior even when the vario-roof is open and detects any light-fingered intruders. The sensor is concealed beneath the lid on the central armrest. When the doors are locked using the electronic key or KEYLESS-GO, it generates a short-wave radio signal which covers all areas of the interior. If this radio signal is interrupted – by a hand reaching into the interior, for example – the system sounds an alarm.

Furthermore, the anti-theft alarm system – fitted as standard in the new SL-Class – has a total of eight alarm contacts on the doors, bonnet, boot lid, glove compartment, centre stowage compartment and rear compartments, as well as anti-tow-away protection.

The additional infrared interior monitoring system is available as an option - - - SO, do we have this as an option/upgrade ? thx
Old 03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
ON PROBATION

I believe that this is an upgrade for MY2007, and standard and not an additional option -- but this car is so new that I have not been able to confirm that....

I am planning on seeing the AMG folks personally in a couple of weeks about ordering a new SL55 for the USA, and that question is on the list....

Stay tuned-
Old 03-01-2006, 06:59 PM

That article is dated 2003-2004
Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 PM

Thanks to this GREAT option I had a $2000 repair bill at Mercedes
to replace my glove box and center console that the thieves broke
into when the top was down... All they need is 5 seconds and
a flathead screwdriver and they are gone.. alarm or no alarm..

Originally Posted by ChrisSL
I was reading a detailed description of an european version of SL

Theft protection: a sensor to guard the interior

To deter theft, the new SL-Class also has a newly developed interior central locking system fitted as standard, which locks the glove compartment, the stowage compartment under the armrest between the seats and the two compartments at the rear. It is linked to the SL-Roadster's exterior central locking system; however, the compartments can also be locked individually.

The anti-theft alarm system (ATA) also takes account of the special requirements of an open-top automobile: the system's prominent feature is a new sensor which watches over the SL sports car's interior even when the vario-roof is open and detects any light-fingered intruders. The sensor is concealed beneath the lid on the central armrest. When the doors are locked using the electronic key or KEYLESS-GO, it generates a short-wave radio signal which covers all areas of the interior. If this radio signal is interrupted – by a hand reaching into the interior, for example – the system sounds an alarm.

Furthermore, the anti-theft alarm system – fitted as standard in the new SL-Class – has a total of eight alarm contacts on the doors, bonnet, boot lid, glove compartment, centre stowage compartment and rear compartments, as well as anti-tow-away protection.

The additional infrared interior monitoring system is available as an option - - - SO, do we have this as an option/upgrade ? thx
Old 03-01-2006, 07:59 PM

Sorry to hear this ! i hope the insurance co will take care of it !

Mainly i 'm interested in this as an upgrade/option - " The additional infrared interior monitoring system is available as an option "