SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Millinium Warranty Details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 SL500, 74 Harley FL, 08 Yukon Denali
Millinium Warranty Details

Just got this from my dealer. It's the breakdown of the Millinium ext warranty. $4500 for 4 year/100k miles from now. I currently have 44500 miles.

It is listed as (bumper - bumper) excluding seat belts, air bags ,
exhaust & emission systems (covered by MB 7/70 warranty).

Any input? Please let me know. I'm planning to purchase this or something better tomorrow and put all this behind me. haha

Engine

*(Including Diesels)Cylinder Block; Cylinder Head(s) and all Internal Lubricated Parts contained within the Engine Including: Pistons; Piston Rings; Connecting Rod Bearings; Crankshaft; Crankshaft Main Bearings; Camshaft; Camshaft Bearings; Cam Followers; Timing Chain or Belt; Timing Gears; Guides; Timing Chain or Timing Belt; Tensioners; Rocker Arms; Rocker Shafts; Rocker Bushings; Cylinder Head Valves; Valve Guides; Valve Lifters; Valve Springs; Valve Seals; Valve Retainers; Valve Seats; Push Rods; Water Pump; Oil Pump and Oil Pump Housing; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pan; Timing Chain Cover; Intake and Exhaust Manifold; Valve Covers; Engine Mounts; Seals and Gaskets. Rotary Engine Coverage: Rotor Chamber and all Internal Parts

Turbocharger /Supercharger

*(Factory Installed Only)Turbocharger / Supercharger Housing and all Internal Parts; Seals and Gaskets

Transmission

*(Automatic or Standard)Transmission Case and all Internal Parts plus: Torque Converter, Flywheel/Flex Plate; Vacuum Modulator; Electronic Shift Control Unit and Solenoids; Transmission Cooler; Transmission Mounts; Oil Pan; Seals and Gaskets.

Transfer Case

*Transfer Case and all Internal Parts plus; Seals and Gaskets

Drive Axle

*(Front and Rear)Drive Axle Case; All Internal Parts contained within the Drive Axle; Locking Hubs; Drive Shafts; Center Support Bearings; Universal Joints; Constant Velocity Joints; Axle Bearings; Four-Wheel Drive Actuator; Differential Cover; Seals and Gaskets

Steering

*All Internal Parts contained within the Steering Box; Rack and Pinion Gear; Power Steering Pump; Power Steering Hoses; Steering Knuckles; Pitman Arm; Idler Arm; Tie Rod and Tie Rod Ends and Drag Link; Steering Dampener; Upper and Lower Steering Column Shafts and Couplings including Internal Tilt-Wheel Mechanism; Steering Box and Rack

Brakes

*Master Cylinder, Power Brake Cylinder; Vacuum Assist Booster; Hydro Boost; Disc Brake Caliper; Wheel Cylinders; Compensating Valve; Brake Hydraulic Lines and Fittings; Hydraulic Control Unit; Seals and Gaskets. The following ABS parts are also covered: Electronic Control Module; Wheel Speed Sensors; Hydraulic Pump/Motor Assembly; Pressure Modulator Valve/Isolation Dump Valve; ABS Relays; Accumulator; Seals and Gaskets.
Electrical Alternator; Voltage Regulator; Starter Motor; Starter Solenoid and Starter Drive; Main Engine Compartment Wiring Harness; ECM/PCM; Electronic Ignition Module; Crank Angle Sensor; Knock Sensor; Ignition Switch; Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder; Front and Rear Window Wiper Motor and P.C. Board, Washer Pump and Switch; Stop Lamp Switch; Headlamp Switch; Turn Signal Switch; Heater/A.C. Blower Speed Switch, Manual Heater/A.C. Control Head, and Horns; Power Door Motor.

Air Conditioning

*Condenser; Compressor; Compressor Clutch Coil and Pulley; Air Conditioning Lines and Hoses; Evaporator; Idler Pulley and Idler Pulley Bearing; High/Low Compressor Cut-off Switch; Expansion Valve; Pressure Cycling Switch; Seals and Gaskets. The following parts are also covered if damaged by a covered part listed above: Accumulator/Receiver Dryer; Orifice Tube; Oil and Refrigerant; Seals and Gaskets.

Fuel Delivery

*Fuel Pump; Fuel Injection Pump and Injectors; Vacuum Pump; Fuel Tank; Fuel TankSending Unit; Metal Fuel Delivery Lines.

Suspension

*(Front and Rear)Upper and Lower Control Arms; Control Arm Shafts and Bearings or Bushings; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Radius Arm and Bushings; Torsion Bars and Mounts or Bushings; Stabilizer Bars, Links and Bushings; Struts (excluding cartridge inserts); Strut Bearing Mount/Plates; Spindle and Spindle Support; Hub or Wheel Bearings; and Seals and Gaskets Variable Dampening Suspension: Compressor; Control Module; Air Bags; Actuator; Solenoid; Height Sensor; Mode Selector Switch; Seals and Gaskets.

Cooling

*Radiator Cooling Fan and Motor; Fan Clutch; Belt Tensioner; Radiator; Heater Core; Thermostat; Blower Motor; Heater Control Valve.

Enhanced Electrical

*(Factory Installed Only)Automatic Climate Control Programmer; Electronic Instrument Cluster; Mileage Computer; Distributor; Ignition Coil; Electronic Combination Entry System (Does not include Transmitters and Receivers for Remote Locks); Cruise Control Module; Transducer; Servo and Amplifier; Headlamp Motor; Power Window Motor; Power Seat Motor; Power Mirror Motor; Power Antenna Motor/Mast Assembly; Convertible Top Motor; Power Sunroof Motor; Power Window Switch; Cruise Control Engagement Switch; Power Seat Switch; Power Mirror Motor Switch; Rear Defogger Switch; Power Door Lock Actuator and Switch

Luxury Package

*(Factory Installed Only)CB Radio, Radar Detector, Stereo Equalizer, On Board Global Positioning System, Fax Modem, Built-in TV and VCR, Video Game System, Computer System including Printer.

Interior / Exterior Appointments

*Bumper Energy Absorber; Hood Latch and Cable; Trunk Latch Assembly; Door Locks, Latches and Hinges; Ash Tray Assembly; Seat Tracks; Shift Lever; Steering Wheel; Speedometer Head and Cable; Glove Box Lock; Cigarette Lighter; Factory Installed Roof Rack; Factory Supplied Wheels; Jack.

Additional Benefits*

Towing

*Provides reimbursement of up to $100.00 per occurrence for towing expenses covered by this contract.

Rental

*Provides reimbursement of up to $60.00 per day and up to $540.00 per occurrence for rental expenses covered by this contract including reimbursement for parts delay.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
I scanned quickly thru the details, so maybe I overlooked a few things:
What about the ABC system, Vario-Roof system, and the COMMAND display and radio/CD components? Transferrable to new owner? Even without these items being covered, it may still be a fine ext warranty, depending on its price and the deductible (if any).
Old 03-10-2006, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 SL500, 74 Harley FL, 08 Yukon Denali
ya

funny you should mention those things, sgooter

i asked the dealer rep 3 times now (via email) if this was transferrable and he has not responded to that questions.

when i asked specifically about the ABC being covered, he told me that it appeared to him that it would be covered under the Dampening Suspension section.

the roof motor looks like it's covered, but it's still a little mysterious....