SL/R230: driveway dips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
driveway dips

Every time I pull out of my local Shell gas station onto the road too fast the front end on my SL would dip. I am wondering if the AMG front end has less resistance to dips.

I just wish my suspension was a littler firmer.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
If your car has ABC, you can use the button on the centre console to raise the car and avoid grounding the nose - intended for just this sort of problem.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 PM

2005 SL600 Designo, Graphite Gray, Panorama Roof
Originally Posted by tiggerfink
Every time I pull out of my local Shell gas station onto the road too fast the front end on my SL would dip. I am wondering if the AMG front end has less resistance to dips.

I just wish my suspension was a littler firmer.
Unless you raise the car each time, you're only options are A) slow down, B) Buy an SUV.

The "considerations and compromises" I have to make with my SL are FAR less than those I made with many of my previous rides (Diablo, 996TT, et. al)
Old 05-15-2006, 04:20 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by craiglieberman
Unless you raise the car each time, you're only options are A) slow down, B) Buy an SUV.

The "considerations and compromises" I have to make with my SL are FAR less than those I made with many of my previous rides (Diablo, 996TT, et. al)

I was thinking the same thing. The SL is like driving an SUV compared to my old Ferrari that had about 3 inches of clearence on the nose and rubbed on basically every slight entry/exit. What a pain that was. The diablo is the same way. I almost never use the lift on the SL because it never seems to rub on anything. Man I used to cringe when I heard that scraping noise!