SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Moven, Monet, or ASA Rims. Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Moven, Monet, or ASA Rims. Help!!

I need opinions on new rims I'm looking at. I don't want to spend over $5000.00 for rims and tires so I've been looking at Moven BM6's, Monet Imressionism's, or ASA ST4's. Does anyone know the weights of any or all of these rims? How about quality? I have a 2005 SL600 with sports package. Anyone know the weight of these rims to compare? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:54 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL/M6
The monets with probably need spacers...I don't think any of the movens will fit exact. Try your best to find a rim that has the correct offset front and rear and correct center bore even if you have to spend a little more $$$.....It is very hard to find correct fitting rims on the cheap side for the R230. My buddy has fake Brabus movens on his CLS...he had to have the center of the rims drilled out to fit the spacers.....not the worst thing in the world but I would stay away. Some people swear spacers are safe, I personally like rims that bolt right on. I had some movens on my car for 3 days...took 'em off and got some Foose's that just feel better and look better.