SL/R230: mp3 dvds and cds on 05' sl and up models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 04:51 PM
gqa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05' sl 500
Smile mp3 dvds and cds on 05' sl and up models

wazzup guys , this may be old news but i just wanted to share what i found out. i have an 05' sl and was pretty pissed when i found out i did not have the input jack in the glove box like my friend who has an o4' sl.
but after 2 weeks of trial and error i have been able to burn a mp3 dvd with all my songs with six folders (2.2 gig). its really cool!! all my folders , song titles, and artist are displayed on the nav screen. i can scroll thru my folders and song titles. i think this is much better than having an mp3 player in your glove box!

someone on this forum asked what programs to use to make folders on a dvd? 1st u have to convert all your music files to mp3 files or they wont play at all. u can use a program like winlame or others to do this. put all of your music in the appropriate folders u created. then i used a simple program that came with my computer call pinnacle cd/dvd instant write to burn the folders onto my dvd. even though the capacity meter turns red because the limit states 703mb continue adding the folders up to your dvd storage limit and watch the magic work!
Old 06-09-2006, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL500
Originally Posted by gqa
wazzup guys , this may be old news but i just wanted to share what i found out. i have an 05' sl and was pretty pissed when i found out i did not have the input jack in the glove box like my friend who has an o4' sl.
but after 2 weeks of trial and error i have been able to burn a mp3 dvd with all my songs with six folders (2.2 gig). its really cool!! all my folders , song titles, and artist are displayed on the nav screen. i can scroll thru my folders and song titles. i think this is much better than having an mp3 player in your glove box!

someone on this forum asked what programs to use to make folders on a dvd? 1st u have to convert all your music files to mp3 files or they wont play at all. u can use a program like winlame or others to do this. put all of your music in the appropriate folders u created. then i used a simple program that came with my computer call pinnacle cd/dvd instant write to burn the folders onto my dvd. even though the capacity meter turns red because the limit states 703mb continue adding the folders up to your dvd storage limit and watch the magic work!
It's definitely a useful feature for me too! However, I'm disappointed that the radio doesn't have RDS, and even more disappointing, you can no longer skip to each of the radio presets using the steering wheel controls. Why the heck would they remove that feature?
Old 06-10-2006, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by vantage78
It's definitely a useful feature for me too! However, I'm disappointed that the radio doesn't have RDS, and even more disappointing, you can no longer skip to each of the radio presets using the steering wheel controls. Why the heck would they remove that feature?

that is quite a problem in my opinion as well