SL/R230: Battery charger for SL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 R230
Thumbs up Battery charger for SL

Mercedes recommends the use of a "Mercedes-Benz" branded battery charger for use in our cars that aren't daily drivers. I got one thrown in with the purchase of my SL but if I had to pay for it dealer retail was around $160.
The unit is made by a company called CTEK and it is model # 3300. It is available on-line for $70.

After reading through the forum and the many posts I have become painfully aware that I am not playing in the same ballpark as many of the other SL owners here-so saving $90 may not be a big deal to many-but if you are looking for a good product at a better price than your dealer will give, check this out. I found this product at "Mustangs Unlimited" in Manchester CT, but there are other vendors as well.

As for my previous comment about not being in the same ballpark as some SL owners, don't get me wrong, I'm not resentful, just in awe of some of the members and their toys! I just finished the post of the gentleman who is installing the ****pit of a 767 in his home as a hobby-absolutely unbelievable!!!
The following users liked this post:
Bitbytr (01-22-2024)
Old 06-10-2006, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL 500, 09 R350, 09 E63, 2010 Prius
don't feel bad! There is always going to be somebody with better toys or more toys! Remember, it's lonely at the top! better to be second and have the drive to supercede the first! Most of us are way at the bottom of the mountain, count our blessings for having MB's to drive! I see people driving hunkers from two decades ago, I feel blessed even though I dont' have a flight simulator! haha! Thanks for the tip. Saving money is always a good thing, for the richer or the poorer!