SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: SL55 Mods - Where to buy, who can install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 Mods - Where to buy, who can install?

I am located in the Houston, TX area - where can I look at all the options available to me for modifying my 2004 SL55?

Who in the Houston area can handle the installation/tuning of these modifications?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL 500, 09 R350, 09 E63, 2010 Prius
Hello, I'll respond to your thread. the PM was received but my PM box is getting full so I'll just post this.
Good looking car by the way, congratulations. As for the mods you asked about... I think the best place to start would be to ask your local MB dealer for a referral. The Lorinser spoiler comes unpainted, make sure the installer can match your factory paint, otherwise you get a two tone car... The tinted brake light was done with smoke paint that was sprayed on to match my smoked AMG tail lights. It has to be removed in order to be painted. The DVD player and TV tuner, you can get from http://www.nav-tv.com/benz.htm... Of course, I had somebody do it for me. He sent the head unit to some place in FL for the TV and video upgrades (the stock unit does not display video well), the DVD player is Audiovox, slim as heck. The Reus system, go to www.reusaudio.com you can contact Rick Reus directly and ask him. I am going in next month to upgrade my subwoofer. Great product, you will not be sorry if you do the upgrade. The sound quality difference is "incredible!"
Sorry, I don't have any good details. My tuner guy is local here in L.A. Reus will do out of state installs. But for the spoiler, smoked brake lights, and the head unit upgrade, I would definitely try to find somebody local to help you. I think if you have a good relationship with the MB dealer, they should be able to point you in the right direction. I can't imagin a city the size of Houston not having a decent tuner who will do all these jobs for you. Good luck, if you have anymore questions, just ask! Hopefully I can help you more.