SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Blue Tooth signal comes standard?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL500
Arrow Blue Tooth signal comes standard?

Just picked up a 2005 SL500 (w/sport pkg) pewter on ash. Love the car but I have some questions and an interesting comment from A.W.S.

1. What is the "secret menu" I have read about on this board and how do I access it/what does it do?
2. What can I do to play DVD's on the COMMAND (US) that is presently in the vehicle?
3. My car does not have the "hands free" kit installed. I have a Treo 650 that I would like to connect to the car via Blue Tooth. Can this be done without installing the factory V60 cradle? (remember the car is 2005......no "puck with tail" available yet)

4. BONUS- For anyone kind enough to read this far......I was talking to A.W.S. today about the BT, they told me to get the factory cradle first. The guy on the phone then told me that the 2005 & later models will give off a Blue Tooth/Data signal that is "discoverable" by BT phones at the present time, but that the signal is for something else. Anyone know what the hell he is talking about/tried doing this/know how to hack it?

Thanks, Ill get some pics up soon.....I know the drill.