SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Glad to be here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to be here!

May new car came in and it is a beauty. Capri blue and stone leather. I think it's gonna be a lot

Eager to learn about some of the car's special characteristics. For example, I was delighted to learn a few minutes ago about iPod compatibility via the input in the glove box. Dealer told me "no way."

Just came out of a BMW 645 Ci. Nice car. Different.

Still in break-in. So far impressions are positive, except the brochure, like many others is baloney. Two golf normal sized bags will not go in the trunk, top up or down. Can't figure out how to make the passenger side mirror go down when in reverse, but COMAND and iDrive are so different, I expect I will figure it out.

Anyway, I thank you all for the help you've already provided.

Grey.Coupe
Old 11-06-2006, 09:40 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Cool The car's special characteristics.

Originally Posted by Grey.Coupe
Eager to learn about some of the car's special characteristics. For example, I was delighted to learn a few minutes ago about iPod compatibility via the input in the glove box. Dealer told me "no way."

Can't figure out how to make the passenger side mirror go down when in reverse, but COMAND and iDrive are so different, I expect I will figure it out.

Grey.Coupe
I didn't know that about the iPod either. As far as passenger side mirror going down when in reverse, I'm pretty sure you have to leave the mirror adjustment control in position for adjusting the the passenger mirror and the mirror will go down. I think you can adjust the mirror to the setting adjustment you like best too. Mine was pointing way too far down at the curb. You did say you got a 07 SL550 didn't you? If so..... you're going to love the car!!! Magwheel
Old 11-06-2006, 09:51 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Magwheel,

The 07 SL550 do not have the aux input in the glove box as the earlier 03-04 did.
I am glad to hear that your pass side mirror park/assist is functional as mine was also till the dealer performed their "1000-3000 mile" checkup and disabled it by "accident". They then claimed that 07's never came with that function
BTW, does your vehicle have the chirp confirmation during lock/unlock?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 PM

Audible lock confirmation

Mine does have that. I like hearing it confirm things are all locked up.

I will get back to you about my reverse mirror down thing...I have to believe that I either had it set up wrong, or there is a way to fiddle with settings to make it work. Too handy to leave out.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:56 PM

Meegle, Magwheel~~

Dealer got back to me today;

--Passenger mirror tilt down in reverse deleted on the 2007 SL 550.

[The only thing I feel good about is I was doing it right, it just doesn't do that anymore...]

Hard to believe such handy functionality has been deleted from a $100K+ car.

--No Mercedes connectivity with iPod. Aftermarket, maybe, but no way, except for Kludgy FM transmitter connection in the 07 models.

Ditto above...
Old 11-08-2006, 10:23 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by Grey.Coupe
Dealer got back to me today;

--Passenger mirror tilt down in reverse deleted on the 2007 SL 550.

Hard to believe such handy functionality has been deleted from a $100K+ car.
Mine worked when I first got the car and continued to do so for three months prior to taking the vehicle in for the 1-3k check up.
When I took it back to have them re-program the function, they(shop foreman) told us that it was not available for 2007 and MB never had it available
A few of us with the 2007 had this function working on our vehicles so I know it's complete BS.
I will be taking the car back to them on the 14th for them to take another "look" after further discussions with their boss.