SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Big problem with my RENNTECH SL 600!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500, 2005 SL600
Big problem with my RENNTECH SL 600!!

not sure what happened today, but as i was driving and accelerating from about 20 up to 60 mph today, i suddenly was not able to accelerate at all (it felt like the car was in neutral) and the check engine light came on. I pulled over for a minute and proceeded to drive, but now the throttle seems very weak and when I accelerate I hear a large whining sound (could the turbo be ruined?)....i am taking it in to my dealer next week. Hopefully they will figure it out...is it likely that they will reset everything to factory and I will have to have the RENNTECH re programmed. Any thoughts on this weird occurence....

Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

German
fuel pump..?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by vkapoormd
not sure what happened today, but as i was driving and accelerating from about 20 up to 60 mph today, i suddenly was not able to accelerate at all (it felt like the car was in neutral) and the check engine light came on. I pulled over for a minute and proceeded to drive, but now the throttle seems very weak and when I accelerate I hear a large whining sound (could the turbo be ruined?)....i am taking it in to my dealer next week. Hopefully they will figure it out...is it likely that they will reset everything to factory and I will have to have the RENNTECH re programmed. Any thoughts on this weird occurence....

sounds like maybe a fuel line or something maybe have come loose or may have a break/tear in it per chance?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:20 AM

2003 SL500
Originally Posted by vkapoormd

That just happened to me in my SL500 this weekend. Not only did it feel like neutral but the throttle would not rev the engine. It took about 10 seconds before the enginge would start to rev. The engine light came on.

It did this on two trips. Then as quickly as the problem come on, it went away and the engine light went off. Weird.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont believe its fuel related. It could be the sensors that are connected to the throttle bodies to open and close the throttle by pedal or could be somewhere near the pedal assembly itself. Either way its best to take it in and see what they come up with since they can read the codes and see whats exactly wrong with it. Good Luck.