SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Adjustable Air Ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' SL550
Adjustable Air Ride

Anyone here use Adjustableairride.com to lower the SL? Any feedback on them would be good. How easy/hard is it to install it. Im thinkin of lowering my car but dont know which method to use.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikeSL5
Anyone here use Adjustableairride.com to lower the SL? Any feedback on them would be good. How easy/hard is it to install it. Im thinkin of lowering my car but dont know which method to use.
From my observation on here there has been positive feedback on them as they are reasonable in pricing and easy to install compared to the electronic ones which are cut and splice. Only down side is if your wanting to play with ride height on a constant basis than this can become a pain to do as the electronic you can do it from the seat using a box but if your like me and most people we find a height and call it good and use the ride height to lift the car if needed. They are adjustable links (self explanatory) which replace your stock non-adjustable links. They don’t hold any weight or anything like that so they don’t do any damage. Good Luck with your decision and keep us posted.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:30 AM

SL55
Lightbulb See My Post.

Originally Posted by MikeSL5
This has all been gone over...

See my Post **** #16****

HERE: https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r230/196058-lowering.html

Best,

RoydRage
Old 06-23-2007, 03:47 AM

07' SL550
Thanks for the replys guys. I've decided to go with the links. My local wheel shop told me they can do the links with installation for 300. I think Im going to go with them and not worry about installing it myself.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:15 PM

SL55
Thumbs up Ok

That's a good deal...

Just make sure that they measure center to center exactly 5mm less for the front, and More for the back.

After the car is down on a perfectly flat surface cycle the height full up, and down then measure wheels space to the fender lip. Adjust one turn in or out as necessary.

Good luck,

RoydRage