SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Ding in trunk lid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL500
Ding in trunk lid

I have a ding in rear left corner of the trunk lid and it cannot be removed by a paintless ding removal method due to the underlying frame. I have been to the only two shops in the Reno area that do that type of repair.
Before I go ahead and repair and repaint, does anyone in the bay area or northern CA know of anyone who has the expertise to do this repair from the outside? I've been told that it is possible.
Thanks for any help and advice.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alexx
I have a ding in rear left corner of the trunk lid and it cannot be removed by a paintless ding removal method due to the underlying frame. I have been to the only two shops in the Reno area that do that type of repair.
Before I go ahead and repair and repaint, does anyone in the bay area or northern CA know of anyone who has the expertise to do this repair from the outside? I've been told that it is possible.
Thanks for any help and advice.
There are multiple shops that I can refer you to that do excellent work who have done some of my other cars but they are all in the San Francisco Area. Not sure if your willing to drive out here but if so let me know and Ill give you some info on them. They are a little pricey but worth every dollar.

I believe there are a few good ones in NV but dont know about them personally. If you want to try hitting up a few reputable shops like MB or a few good Car dealers out there and ask them where they would recommend. They usually out source there paint touch ups and should have no problem giving you the contact info.