SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Turbo Engine Monitoring Display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Engine Monitoring Display

I’m thinking of getting an engine management system in the car to monitor everything . . . What’s the most popular and easiest to program? Motec, DFI, Haltech, Apex, Greddy, HKS or Apex system . . . and should I use their own display or get a Stack Display?
Old 07-20-2007, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrbMBaby
I’m thinking of getting an engine management system in the car to monitor everything . . . What’s the most popular and easiest to program? Motec, DFI, Haltech, Apex, Greddy, HKS or Apex system . . . and should I use their own display or get a Stack Display?

What exactly are you trying to do? Most of the Engine Management systems you stated are stand-alone-systems. Which mean that your exisiting ecu will come out leaving alot of things unusable. Also are you going turbo on it or is this the SL600 or SL65 we are talking about? If your looking for more power go with a ECU chip that is made for the car and not a stand alone system.

For more power get headers, full intake and exhaust system and if you want to go more extreme on it than start playing with cams, head porting, etc. But keep in mind depending on where you live its not legal and honestly its not worth doing it on these cars!

Hope this helps