SL/R230: Reus Audio Southwest in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
jdd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferrari 360 F1 spider/searching for right Mercedes
Thumbs up Reus Audio Southwest in Houston, TX

Just wanted everyone to know I was at the Houston Auto Show and Reus Systems of Orange County, CA had a booth. They had a Reus system in a SL550 demo that sounded unbelievable for an audio system. Even with a full house people were drawn to the Reus booth by the sound quality of the system. I would describe the sound as clear, detailed and full.

With all the background noise of the auto show the SL system cut through and sounded like a high-end home stereo. I even overheard someone say they heard the music has soon as they entered through the front door of the Reliant Center and decided to follow the music to find the "live band". They couldn't believe it was a just a car stereo.

I also found out they now have a branch in Houston called Reus Audio Southwest so they don't have to fly to Texas to install their audio system.

I've heard other people rave about Rick's systems, reusaudio.com, and now I know why. Can't wait to get my own system. Rick Reus told me they had specific systems for each model of mercedes-benz, BMW, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini etc and once its installed the car looks completely stock. No cutting or modification of the car which I feel IMO it is extremely important. Since it is basically OEM it doesn't void the cars warranty. In fact, you can even purchase a Reus System through a Mercedes-Benz dealership when you purchase a new car.

I'm not sure which Mercedes-Benz dealership is working with Reus Audio SW right now but you can probably contact Rick at reus@reusaudio.com or call 800-276-8865 or their marketing director in Houston, Grover at 281-300-7977 or email gheiskell@aol.com.

Has anyone else had a chance to hear Reus Systems or had it installed in your car?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL500
Originally Posted by jdd
Just wanted everyone to know I was at the Houston Auto Show and Reus Systems of Orange County, CA had a booth. They had a Reus system in a SL550 demo that sounded unbelievable for an audio system. Even with a full house people were drawn to the Reus booth by the sound quality of the system. I would describe the sound as clear, detailed and full.

With all the background noise of the auto show the SL system cut through and sounded like a high-end home stereo. I even overheard someone say they heard the music has soon as they entered through the front door of the Reliant Center and decided to follow the music to find the "live band". They couldn't believe it was a just a car stereo.

I also found out they now have a branch in Houston called Reus Audio Southwest so they don't have to fly to Texas to install their audio system.

I've heard other people rave about Rick's systems, reusaudio.com, and now I know why. Can't wait to get my own system. Rick Reus told me they had specific systems for each model of mercedes-benz, BMW, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini etc and once its installed the car looks completely stock. No cutting or modification of the car which I feel IMO it is extremely important. Since it is basically OEM it doesn't void the cars warranty. In fact, you can even purchase a Reus System through a Mercedes-Benz dealership when you purchase a new car.

I'm not sure which Mercedes-Benz dealership is working with Reus Audio SW right now but you can probably contact Rick at reus@reusaudio.com or call 800-276-8865 or their marketing director in Houston, Grover at 281-300-7977 or email gheiskell@aol.com.

Has anyone else had a chance to hear Reus Systems or had it installed in your car?
I was there too...heard it from the black SL600 with the sport kit. Amazing sound. The best part? It looked TOTALLY factory. I couldn't tell what part of the interior was changed to accomdate the new speakers.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
jdd

Originally Posted by vantage78
I was there too...heard it from the black SL600 with the sport kit. Amazing sound. The best part? It looked TOTALLY factory. I couldn't tell what part of the interior was changed to accomdate the new speakers.
They let me look inside and none of the interior was changed. It appeared completely factory. I also looked in the trunk and couldn't see any subwoofers. They pointed out some pocket speakers in the door pockets and I believe they changed some of the factory speakers but they were kind of secretive about the installation.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM

2016 S550
Thumbs up Reus at Motorwerks

My friend Sunil with Motorwerks in houston has CLS63 & SL55 with Reus system in it. Amazing sound
Old 02-02-2008, 08:26 AM
jdd

Originally Posted by ez4mobi
My friend Sunil with Motorwerks in houston has CLS63 & SL55 with Reus system in it. Amazing sound
I live in SW Oklahoma so as you might expect deprived of some of the auto luxuries found in Houston. Sunil's name has popped up in several threads but I'm not sure who he is or what type of performance upgrades, etc...... he offers.

Can you enlighten me?
Old 02-02-2008, 12:16 PM

2016 S550
Sunil from Motorwerks

Sunil does all kind of performance work on European cars ONLY..Actually he is a doctor but he is so much into Cars that now he only upgrades all kind of stuff on Euro cars. He has one of the best performance shop in Texas by the name MOTORWERKS..You should come houston and visit his shop..He has mechanics that has been working with ferrari's and Lambo for years..Very knowledgable guy..He's been working on my CLS and I'm very much satisfied....Let me know if you need any more info
Old 02-02-2008, 07:10 PM
jdd

Originally Posted by ez4mobi
Sunil does all kind of performance work on European cars ONLY..Actually he is a doctor but he is so much into Cars that now he only upgrades all kind of stuff on Euro cars. He has one of the best performance shop in Texas by the name MOTORWERKS..You should come houston and visit his shop..He has mechanics that has been working with ferrari's and Lambo for years..Very knowledgable guy..He's been working on my CLS and I'm very much satisfied....Let me know if you need any more info
I would like to have some performance tuning on my 2002 Ferrari 360 F1 spider do you think he's the one to go too. What kind of upgrades are you having done to your CLS?