Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
CLK55, CL500, Q45
I did gloss black on mine with the Chrome Star. Sets off
really nice on the silver I have.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 2003 Designo (sold), SL500 2004, Nissan GT350
Originally Posted by Thericker
Nothing I do is rattle can, (though they can be used in a pinch if you have skill/proper prep/clear-coat etc..) I paint motorcycles + helmets/jet-ski's/boats/etc.. w/custom Airbrush guns/paint..Been doing it for 15+ yrs

I painted my c6 corvette w/Z06 wheels, not 1 chip...
Sounds like you know what you are doing. I however lack the skill and the equipment.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by Thericker
Thanx! I actually was inspired by a lot of your modz, & plan on blk'ing out every badge/chrome piece on the car, then Power chip ecu, lowering, big 20" wheels like yours, only ALL BLK w/red pin-line circle around wheel.

Any advice on blacking out your chrome vent/slat pieces? ?In fact are you still selling carbon fiber grill?
Haha cool One comment I would make on your current grill is that it looks flat black while it should be gloss black to match the car My suggestion is to get the updated 07 Grill, it has 3 slats which has a bolder more clean look. Get that and paint it black

I do all my work at Harbor Motor Sports. The best place to go hands down. They can order a grill for you and paint all the stuff you want + hookup wheels and slam that *****

The CF grill was destroyed in a car accident I recently had Keeping the SL for a weekend cruiser and picking up an E55 next week hopefully. I will be selling my HRE's soon to get some shoes for the AMG
Old 03-11-2008, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Haha cool One comment I would make on your current grill is that it looks flat black while it should be gloss black to match the car My suggestion is to get the updated 07 Grill, it has 3 slats which has a bolder more clean look. Get that and paint it black

I do all my work at Harbor Motor Sports. The best place to go hands down. They can order a grill for you and paint all the stuff you want + hookup wheels and slam that *****

The CF grill was destroyed in a car accident I recently had Keeping the SL for a weekend cruiser and picking up an E55 next week hopefully. I will be selling my HRE's soon to get some shoes for the AMG
Yes it is flat/satin black & after looking at it for a week I agree on going full glossy paint, I thought the flat would be a good contrast but it isn't, gotta be all or nothing, I didn't even know there was a difference in the 07' grill, thank you so much for all the info, sorry to hear about your accident

Also thanx to all other members positive comments great to be back in fine Benzo!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Hey,
I just saw you got an SL600! Congratulations! I had a loaded 05 Pewter SL600 minus distronic and pano roof. I got the RennTech ECU/TCU and it really woke the car up but it was not any faster then a stock CL65 I raced. We were dead even up to about 120 the few times we raced. Still not too shabby. Only problem I had is the car kept going into limp mode because of the extra torque or the way the TCU was programmed so be careful. It was really dangerous when it happened because you had to stop shut off the engine and restart the car. Not easy when you are on the highway if you know what I mean. RennTech was no real help when this happened. They did reprogram my ECU/TCU but in still was happening. I ended up selling the car because my wife had a baby and we needed something bigger but I was always worried my transmission would really fail so I didn't mind so much. I really loved the car. The only thing I didn't like is that my right knee would always rub against the console and after a while it would really bother me. I am about 6 feet tall and could never really get the seat to my liking. Anyway good luck with the car, get new wheels for sure and maybe just upgrade the ECU and not the TCU and if you do make sure whoever does it will warranty it for any transmission problems. Let me know if you use Veloce Performance and how the car feels after.

Larry
Old 03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by france2112
Hey,
I just saw you got an SL600! Congratulations! I had a loaded 05 Pewter SL600 minus distronic and pano roof. I got the RennTech ECU/TCU and it really woke the car up but it was not any faster then a stock CL65 I raced. We were dead even up to about 120 the few times we raced. Still not too shabby. Only problem I had is the car kept going into limp mode because of the extra torque or the way the TCU was programmed so be careful. It was really dangerous when it happened because you had to stop shut off the engine and restart the car. Not easy when you are on the highway if you know what I mean. RennTech was no real help when this happened. They did reprogram my ECU/TCU but in still was happening. I ended up selling the car because my wife had a baby and we needed something bigger but I was always worried my transmission would really fail so I didn't mind so much. I really loved the car. The only thing I didn't like is that my right knee would always rub against the console and after a while it would really bother me. I am about 6 feet tall and could never really get the seat to my liking. Anyway good luck with the car, get new wheels for sure and maybe just upgrade the ECU and not the TCU and if you do make sure whoever does it will warranty it for any transmission problems. Let me know if you use Veloce Performance and how the car feels after.

Larry
Thanx bro! funny I'm 6'1" & love the car except I too have issues trying to find that sweet spot in seat comfort? I have done a lot of research & Powerchip seem to be good enough for Evosport & countless others, & been around a long time, plus I used them successfully on my old w220

Deff going Powerchip spoke w/Travis, very accommodating fellow, I'm going straight to there facility in O.C.

Funny they only sell ECU, NO TCU, I think this speaks volumes on the tranny problems everyone has reported w/TCU tuning

Sean....