SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Remote garage opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL500, 2007 R350 Sport
Remote garage opener

Replaced my auto garage door opener with a Hormann SupraMatic E model but can't get it to open once I've reprogrammed it in the SL. It appears to program OK. Anyone successfully done this with this model?

I asked my MB dealer but they said they'd have to get someone out to my home at £110 per hour!

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Button on garage door opener....

There is probably a button on your newer garage door opener that needs to be pressed to sync up with your car. Here's what I did to get my car to work with a new garage door opener.

1) First "program" the car unit by holding up the standard garage door remote to the car unit and following the instructions about the blinking indicator light.

2) Then press the newly programmed button in the car. The garage door will not operate (yet).

3) Press the button on the garage door opener device (that is mounted to the ceiling in your garage) within 30 seconds to sync the car unit with the garage opener.

4) Try the button in the car again. It should operate the garage door now.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Scotsman
Replaced my auto garage door opener with a Hormann SupraMatic E model but can't get it to open once I've reprogrammed it in the SL. It appears to program OK. Anyone successfully done this with this model?

I asked my MB dealer but they said they'd have to get someone out to my home at £110 per hour!

Thanks in advance.