SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Consumables Off Line! (Aux Battery)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brabus SL55 K8
Consumables Off Line! (Aux Battery)

Hi All,
I am having some problems with my power system on my SL55 Brabus K8 based car, If I do not drive it for about 2 days I get the "Consumables Off Line!" warning display and a battery symbol, some things stop working untill I start the engine and let it run for about 10 min's, after then all is ok.
I had previously taken the car to the main dealer and the said that they could not find a fault (even though they had the car for 2 days) the dealer said i should bring it back another day and leave it for longer!, (I think they were busy on that day)
I collected the car and parked it up and left it for about 4 days in the garage, when I tried to gain entry using the "keyless go" the doors would not open due to a flat battery, I had to use the standard key to open the door and start the engine, after a long drive (about 50 Miles) all seemed to be ok, that was until I parked up without the engine running left the headlights on and watched the Command TV, after about 5 mins the "Consumables Off Line!" indication came on with the car battery symbol also displayed. I have taken the car back to the dealers again and informed them that I suspect its a faulty "Aux Battery" the said they will check it again!
Any Ideas

Brabus SL