SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Heated seats working and yet I didn't turn them on?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sold 06 CLS500. SL550 09. SL550 2013. Own C6 Corvette heavily customized garage queen 2005.
Heated seats working and yet I didn't turn them on?

So, I am driving home this evening and getting hotter and hotter and sure enough my seat is hot. Never touched the buttons and played around with them to make sure no lights were on. Was so hot that had to put the ventilated seat button on, which made no effect? Now is this a co-incidence as within the last week, started to hear some creaking noise coming from my seat area and driving me mad, just couldn't work out specifically where it was coming from, so moved the seat forward(more than I want to) and(I think) it has stopped..could this be connected to the heat problem, as all the electrics are presumably built in the seat?

What is happening here?......I'm in Florida and it's 90 so cannot drive around like this...................any fuse I can disconnect until I get it to the dealer?
Thx.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL55 Silver/Charcoal Pano,K-Go,Bi-Xenon,Phone,AC Seats,
Just stop farting so much.

But seriously, are any of the LEDs on the switch lighting up? Have you tried cycling through the switch a few times to see if that has any effect? Sounds like maybe the wires are getting crossed so that the switch is out of the circuit.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL55 Silver/Charcoal Pano,K-Go,Bi-Xenon,Phone,AC Seats,
If you want to try pulling fuses, there are four for the seats: #9 (40 amp), #27 (30 amp), #41 (40 amp), and #42 (30 amp).

9 and 27 are easy to access, under the hood in front of the driver. Fuses 41 and 42 are also under the hood but harder to access, near/under the battery.

I'm not sure which of those four fuses actually controls the heating. You might want to try 9 and 27 first because those are easy to access. Pull them and see if that prevents the seats from heating up.