SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Lowering links install video - front wheels only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 SL500
Lowering links install video - front wheels only

I had to adjust my front ride height one turn lower so I made this quick video. If you are installing from stock links the process is the same except the stock links are harder to get off. You will have to use pliers and twist them off.

In this video I use the stock jack from the trunk. Be sure to put a brick or something under the car in case the jack falls, you dont want it falling while your arms are in the wheel well.

I snap off the links and give it a turn and snap them back in. I think the whole video including jacking and lowering the car was about 4 minutes.

My camcorder recorded it in widescreen but the video uploaded is in 4:3 so it looks squeezed.

The back wheels are harder to get to, but once you find them and the correct angle to get a plier in there its easy. I had no reason to change them or else I would have included them in the video. Maybe someone else can post the rear wheels being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-twGE7AVk
Old 08-10-2009, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW F02 (750Li) F10 (550i)
Originally Posted by biophase
I had to adjust my front ride height one turn lower so I made this quick video. If you are installing from stock links the process is the same except the stock links are harder to get off. You will have to use pliers and twist them off.

In this video I use the stock jack from the trunk. Be sure to put a brick or something under the car in case the jack falls, you dont want it falling while your arms are in the wheel well.

I snap off the links and give it a turn and snap them back in. I think the whole video including jacking and lowering the car was about 4 minutes.

My camcorder recorded it in widescreen but the video uploaded is in 4:3 so it looks squeezed.

The back wheels are harder to get to, but once you find them and the correct angle to get a plier in there its easy. I had no reason to change them or else I would have included them in the video. Maybe someone else can post the rear wheels being done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-twGE7AVk
You're a Pro now man Lol