SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Does the MB Extended Warranty cover Seat Adjustments ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl600
Does the MB Extended Warranty cover Seat Adjustments ?

I have a 2004 SL600 and my dealership has always covered everything under the MB extended warranty. Flaps, engine control module, some other computer, glovebox, trunk latches, etc...

I took my car in because the SRS light came on and my lumbar quit working on both seats at the same time. The SRS was due to a bad seatbelt which they replaced under warranty, but they are telling me it will cost me $950 to fix the lumbar due to a cracked hose that isn't covered under the MB warranty.

It just seems odd that they have covered everything else on this car, but a cracked air hose (i think thats what he said) isn't covered.

Is there a copy of the warranty online or has anyone else had their seat adjustments covered under the extended warranty ?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 MBZ SL500
same problem

on the drivers seat only the lumbar and massage failed due to vacuum problem as you describe. I have an 04 with MB xtd warranty and it was not covered!! I have copy of warranty and it lists what is and what isn't covered but this fell in the first but not the last list. I had hissy fit(well sort of) and dealer gave me a discount. Is a bummer thou.