SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Question about Extended Warranty and CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes SL500
Question about Extended Warranty and CPO

Hello... I'm in the market for a used SL. I've read great things about the Daimler Chrysler aftermarket warranties, and would most likely purchase one if I find my SL. One thing I am wondering is, does the SL have to be certified by Mercedes in order to qualify for the Chrysler warranty? Must it go through an inspection by Mercedes or other shop? Should I just not worry about it being CPO if I am going to get the Chrysler warranty?

Some of the SL's I've seen at Mercedes dealers are not CPO, but have gone through an inspection. But they want an additional $3K or so for it to become CPO. So from what I understand, a used non-CPO Mercedes at a Mercedes dealer goes through the same inspection as a CPO; but just does not have the paperwork saying it's CPO, and thus extending the original 50k factory warranty to the 100k CPO warranty (correct me if I'm wrong!).

I'll of course be in touch with the Chrysler aftermarket people for specifics and details on their warranties, but I just want to have my ducks in a row before I make a vehicle purchase. Thanks!!