SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: You gotta read this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
You gotta read this

This is crazy.....I got my SL back from the dealership last evening after spending $$$$$ having the front strut and both ABC lines replaced, I drive it back home, while pulling into the garage I hear this noise from underneath the car like I am draggin something, I park the car and check, to my horror there is a f...ing tube with a metal head hanging just below the engine area. I did not have any warning codes, nothing.

Pissed off.....I call the dealer, give the car back in after hours and today the "service advisor" tells me that the part they had replaced (one of the ABC lines) failed, I asked him how many times do parts fail and hang at the bottom of a fu...in 150k car and he goes on to explain that ABC lines are not clamped in or anything to begin with and so if it fails it pops out.....is that true? The engine was making a grinding noise at low revvs and at idle when I drove it back last night.

Do you guys think its all related and the stealership is telling the truth or covering up for something else that they forgot to fasten in the process ????? Like the AC tubing or something? and touched something else thats making the noise?
Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 AM

'08 SL55
Originally Posted by hydropneumatic
This is crazy.....I got my SL back from the dealership last evening after spending $$$$$ having the front strut and both ABC lines replaced, I drive it back home, while pulling into the garage I hear this noise from underneath the car like I am draggin something, I park the car and check, to my horror there is a f...ing tube with a metal head hanging just below the engine area. I did not have any warning codes, nothing.

Pissed off.....I call the dealer, give the car back in after hours and today the "service advisor" tells me that the part they had replaced (one of the ABC lines) failed, I asked him how many times do parts fail and hang at the bottom of a fu...in 150k car and he goes on to explain that ABC lines are not clamped in or anything to begin with and so if it fails it pops out.....is that true? The engine was making a grinding noise at low revvs and at idle when I drove it back last night.

Do you guys think its all related and the stealership is telling the truth or covering up for something else that they forgot to fasten in the process ????? Like the AC tubing or something? and touched something else thats making the noise?
RELAX! It's a mistake. Have it rectified.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:44 PM

SL600
I can understand if i got it done cheap at an indy but this coming out of MB dealerership is out of ordinary
Old 11-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Originally Posted by hydropneumatic
I can understand if i got it done cheap at an indy but this coming out of MB dealerership is out of ordinary
That's unbelievable man. I hope they care of the situation promptly and more importantly, professionally. It's no wonder why MBUSA got an F on better business bureau. Unreal..

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/busine...le-nj-12001813
Old 11-01-2009, 03:10 PM

SL600
Originally Posted by djamer
That's unbelievable man. I hope they care of the situation promptly and more importantly, professionally. It's no wonder why MBUSA got an F on better business bureau. Unreal..

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/busine...le-nj-12001813

You are right on the "F" rating and "F...." repair by MB. The dealer says they have ordered the part and will replace by wednesday, what a hassle.