SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: transmission problem & warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550
transmission problem & warranty

I have a 2007 SL550 with about 23K miles on it. Got a weird transmission problem yesterday. I want to bring it to the service but my concern is that my computer indicates that I'm past due on service by over 60 days. I didn't bring it to service because I don't drive much and the last service I did was just about 1-2K miles ago so what's the point paying $250 for the service on a car that was serviced just a couple of thousand miles ago.

Can they void warranty on this transmission problem because of that? Anyone had similar experience with MB or is aware of any guidelines pertaining to warranty etc?

Maybe I should take it to some other shop and have them do the service before I bring it to MB so they wouldn't complain...
Old 12-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
I've seen cars go well over that and the dealerships didn't say anything about it.. Obviously if you have never done a service on the car I would recommend getting one done, but if it was done recently you can just ask someone up there to reset the service indicator while getting the transmission issue addressed.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 PM

SL550
Originally Posted by Racin_fool
I've seen cars go well over that and the dealerships didn't say anything about it.. Obviously if you have never done a service on the car I would recommend getting one done, but if it was done recently you can just ask someone up there to reset the service indicator while getting the transmission issue addressed.
Thanks for the reply
Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM

sl 55 amg
+1

Find a good reputable shop and let them do the service. I hear your concern because these dealers try to make the consumer look foolish and thats not good.
Get it done and take her in before you develop other issues.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 PM

SL550
Apparently this was not a transmission problem but an engine mounts problem. As a result I felt vibration in the shifter or shifter kickback when quickly accelerating. They took care of it - simple fix. Thanks for your replies guys