SL/R230: trunk misaligned. help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:19 PM

Location: somewhere between Tallahassee and Davie, FL depending on the day :-p
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 sl500
trunk misaligned. help

Hello, i was noticing today that my trunk alignment is off... it sit flush, but it seems that it sit closer towards the passenger tail light than it does to the divers... i havent had any leakage issues yet, but am worried, and would just like to have it corrected even if its jsut for cosmetics sake. We are talking the difference of maybe 4mm. anywho, does anyone have DIY or can walk me through it?

thanks,
Dan
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL500
I had a similar problem/concern that I brought to the dealers attention. They tried to make an adjustment with the 2 plastic threaded pieces on the trunk lid right under where the license plate mounts. No effect. Their answer: If its not leaking water, leave it alone. Very comforting repair work. The problem as I found it is the hard plastic/ metal "guides" mounted on the body on the left and right side of the trunk opening. You can see these when the trunk is open, as they are on the edge of the body. They have a allen or torks screw in the center. The problem is they are not adjustable. Take the one off on the "high" side of your trunk. Then try and adjust the two center pieces mentioned earlier. Let me know how you do.
Thanks
Glenn