SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Water leak blew PSE pump - not covered under warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL500
Angry Water leak blew PSE pump - not covered under warranty

I took my '05 SL500 into the dealer today as the central locking stopped working.. the lights flash but the locks don't lock.

Diagnosis was that Fuse 71 had blown because the trunk leaks water. The dealer replaced the fuse and the system is working for now. They are going to replace the lower back glass seal and the pneumatic pump.

This really pissed me off: "Repair not covered due to water intrusion"

Whose fault is it that the lower back glass seal leaked water into the trunk? Not mine. Should I sue Mother Nature? It has been unusually wet this spring in California...
Old 05-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
Originally Posted by johns13
I took my '05 SL500 into the dealer today as the central locking stopped working.. the lights flash but the locks don't lock.

Diagnosis was that Fuse 71 had blown because the trunk leaks water. The dealer replaced the fuse and the system is working for now. They are going to replace the lower back glass seal and the pneumatic pump.

This really pissed me off: "Repair not covered due to water intrusion"

Whose fault is it that the lower back glass seal leaked water into the trunk? Not mine. Should I sue Mother Nature? It has been unusually wet this spring in California...
I had this happen to me. The rubber lining near the rear license plate plastic light deteriorated, allowing water to seep into the truck ultimately causing my PSE to be messed up. Not my fault, i told the dealer, this was a defective rubber lining which i have no control of. They agreed.

I had my PSE replaced twice, yes, twice because they couldn't diagnose the root cause. Luckily the extended warranty picked up the tab. Cost would be have been $1800.00 for parts + labor per incident.

Good luck

amer
Old 07-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Mercedes E320 4matic
I suspect that I may need a new PSE pump. How do I go about purchasing this and could I install it or does it need to ultimately go to the mechanic?
Old 07-16-2016, 04:22 PM

W208 2000 Clk 320 cabriolet
Originally Posted by Michele99
I suspect that I may need a new PSE pump. How do I go about purchasing this and could I install it or does it need to ultimately go to the mechanic?
you fix this? I have a question. Did you use your exact same pse pump model and did you try a used one by chance. I just put a used one in my clk. It is the same exact pse unit. I think it was out of an e class though so I dont know if I still need to get it flashed for my car specs. And CPU. I did fix my locks and alarm by installing a pse that matched my same model number it was actually plug and go I just am concerned if it was a different car that it was originally installed that I might make something get messed up by using. Without flashing to my car first.