SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Roadside Assistance has changed -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL500
Roadside Assistance has changed -

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but a quick search didn't show anything....

I have a 2005 SL with the Ziegler warranty. The rear battery was on its last leg and called one of the local dealerships for a quote for parts and labor. They suggested I call the MB Roadside Assistance as they indicated the price of the battery would be the same and Roadside would change it for free - in my garage.

I called the Roadside Assistance number and they said that as of 1/1/2011 they have a new policy. I might have missed some of the nuances but essentially they will only come out to your vehicle if:
- 1) Orginal factory MB warranty is still in effect (or suspect additional MB warranty)
- 2) You have spent $100 in an MB service department in the past 12 months (might have been 18 months)
- 3) You are willing to pay for the service call if you do not meet 1 & 2 above

I'm now wondering if I should have the dealership do a yearly oil change (if that meets the $100 criteria) to have the Roadside Assistance coverage...
Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
From the mercedesroadside.com site, here is the new eligibility criteria for getting M-B Roadside Assistance:

If your vehicle: Then:

Is under any Mercedes-Benz warranty (New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Extended Limited Warranty, Certified Pre-owned Warranty) You are eligible for Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance*

Is out of warranty, and is regularly serviced at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership (a single transaction of at least $100 in the 18 months prior to the Roadside call) You are eligible for Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance*

Was purchased directly from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership prior to January 4, 2011 and you still own the vehicle You are eligible for Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance*

Is out of warranty
Not regularly serviced at an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership
Not purchased directly from an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership Please visit an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership for service to qualify for Roadside Assistance. Or, you may purchase each individual service through the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center at the time of service

*As of January 1, 2011, Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance will offer the following complimentary services for eligible vehicles:

• Sign & Drive

- Replace a flat tire with a spare
- Jump start
- Small amount of fuel, should the vehicle run out
• Towing to the nearest authorized Mercedes-Benz dealership

Please note that in certain unique circumstances, additional charges may apply to Sign & Drive and towing.