SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Service manual purchase nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 SL550
Service manual purchase nightmare

2005 SL500. I purchased an MB Star service manual DVD for a R230 from MBUSA. I received the DVD disc in 2 weeks.
The DVD disc did work (the DVD player is OK). The computer says, insert disc. The DVD disc is bad(it will not boot up).
I contacted MBUSA customer service for help. They told me to email the Startekinfo team. I emailed the team with all the necessary information.
The Startekinfo team emailed me a reply and instructed me to contact MBUSA customer service.
I contacted the MBUSA customer service for a 2nd time and they instructed me to contact the Startekinfo team. I told them that I was not going to keep going back and forth with no results and they agreed to ship me a new DVD disc.
I am very disappointed in the incompetence of MBUSA.

Last edited by sifis; 03-22-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Originally Posted by sifis
2005 SL500. The DVD disc is bad(it will not boot up)
What do you mean by "will not boot up" ? You should not boot of the disk (i.e start up the computer with the disk in it), Its a windows application, so you start windows, log in, put the disk in, and if it doesn't auto-run you then go to "My computer" and select the disk drive (sorry if i'm being rather basic here, just making sure all is done right)

I presume you have tried a different progam disk in the DVD drive (as DVD drives can go wrong) after you found this new disk doesnt seem to work ?

It seems to be quite common with all large companies to get passed around the organisation ... real pain !!

Richard
Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 SL550
Originally Posted by Richard
What do you mean by "will not boot up" ? You should not boot of the disk (i.e start up the computer with the disk in it), Its a windows application, so you start windows, log in, put the disk in, and if it doesn't auto-run you then go to "My computer" and select the disk drive (sorry if i'm being rather basic here, just making sure all is done right)

I presume you have tried a different progam disk in the DVD drive (as DVD drives can go wrong) after you found this new disk doesnt seem to work ?

It seems to be quite common with all large companies to get passed around the organisation ... real pain !!

Richard
Bad disc, horrible customer service. Bad business.We are becoming a 3rd world country.Sad,thank you.