SL/R230: Water in the Works.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 535d Touring
Water in the Works.....

It was water weekend in Newquay.

Run to the Sun meant the town was full of VW's of all sorts, and its customary to have water fights from every vantage point and as you're driving. The pump action pistols hold a lot. House owner line up with garden hoses & buckets - its all totally childish and pretty harmless - I used to think, till they starting using urine, bleach and paint stripper in the guns.

My daughter was over and wanted a cruise top down around 8pm. We (stupidly) joined the queue at some lights just outside a newly opened Pub, and the mob was there, drunk and jeering. (You know, resenting capitalism et al) So top down we sat, when a girl armed with the biggest gun in town emptied it at me and the inside of the SL. The whole interior was totally drenched by the time I got the hood up, and the mob really enjoyed it. Took it all pretty much in good humour, but driving off noticed the erratic display of a few instruments.

Dried the interior and a few hours later it all worked OK, so assume the interior is relatively waterproof in case of showers.

An SLK got the same treatment, swerved and nearly took out a line of people. Accidents everywhere, beatings, total madness. Huge police presence, but total anarchy in the town.

Last edited by Mustard; 05-26-2003 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow!

You must be a good natured bloke! I'd have shot right back at them with probably a bottle of Ireland's best cream - thats the only liquid I had at hand saturday night.

Anyway, i advise you to see the dealer ASAP so that a cleaning and perhaps some diagnostics can be done. I belive the roadsters are designed to take a little shower but not a drenching from a super soaker.

Cheers!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
HOLY CRAP! Are you serious? I would've liked knocked out or something and gone Texan on them!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:31 AM

BMW 535d Touring
Originally posted by vraa
HOLY CRAP! Are you serious? I would've liked knocked out or something and gone Texan on them!
gone Texan?

An older guy had the crap beaten out of him by the mob when he objected to being sprayed with urine. A cripple in a wheelchair was hit behind the ear by a water bomb and ended up in hospital. As I said, total anarchy. The middle classes in the UK are targeted for minor crimes while violence like this is condoned/wink winked.

The police couldn't be bothered- wouldn't use the CCTV to identify the girl so I could bring a private prosection for assault (assualt by a girl!) and criminal damage. Told me to claim on insurance. Asked what would have happened if I'd assaulted the girl in return - no doubt arrest & prosecution.

Taking the car in this week for a full check - still hasn't fully dried out. Very p***ed off.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I guess i retract my statement! I'm not old enough i guess to understand the law and government systems of other places around the world so i guess that's why i came to my (ignorant) conclusion so fast

That is pretty scary! I gotta make sure i avoid that place at all costs!

What's happening with your R230?