SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Considering selling my 2004 SL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL600, 2006 Range Rover SC
Considering selling my 2004 SL600

Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone is considering buying one, but not in a hurry. I'm still overseas, but finally just a couple months away from coming home. My time away has enabled me to achieve a number of financial goals and I'm leaning towards maintaining the momentum I've built-up by selling both the SL and my SC Range and then shopping for another SL in the Spring/Summer after beating down the balance on my first home that I am still dragging around thanks to this wonderful real estate environment.

Unfortunately, I am not the shutterbug that many others are with their cars and really don't have much at all in the way of pictures over here in the sandbox. The shots below are all I have at the moment, but I plan to make a full-blown For Sale thread in the appropriate forum after I get back.

The car is completely stock and unmolested, aside from the dealer addition of SIRIUS. It also comes with the nice OEM, form-fitting, silver indoor dust cover and the behind-the-seats windscreen.

Here's the basic run-down. I have the full loadout sheet from the dealer at home.
  • ~36,000 miles, bought it in the Spring of 07 with 25k. It was traded-in by the retired original owners as a "down payment" on a $300,000+ motor coach.
  • Black on something like black. I'm sure the interior color has some fancy name which escapes me at the moment. Slate or charcoal something.
  • Panoramic roof.
  • Sport package.
  • Keyless-go.
  • Michelin Pilots.
  • SIRIUS satellite radio.
  • Full set of Nav CD's.
  • 20% tint on sides and rear glass by Detail Express in Keego Harbor, MI. (Car not yet tinted in pics.)
  • Custom-fit OEM indoor cover.
  • Always stored indoors, but kept in climate-controlled storage since 2010.
  • Dealer went over it with a fine-tooth comb one week before going out of warranty and treated me EXTREMELY well. (Thank you again, MB of Bloomfield Hills, MI!) It was bone-dry and clean underneath when the belly pans were removed.
  • All service performed at dealer. Originally purchased from Novi, MI. Had it serviced at Rochester Hills, MI until I discovered a connection at Bloomfield Hills, MI.

Weather permitting, I would not hesitate to drive it to you, regardless of where you are in the lower 48. It has already done a couple multi-state trips which I never thought twice about. It will also have an A or B service prior to leaving me, whichever it happens to be due for. No issues with bringing it to the dealer of your choice in MI for an inspection. This car has been trouble-free and the best ownership experience I have ever had with a vehicle. I drive it conservatively, never in the winter, only in the rain if I happen to be caught in it, and generally not that frequently since it never served as my primary vehicle. Does not currently have any kind of warranty, as the dealership ended up replacing most of the items that people frequently ask about or have problems with here on the board just out of goodwill back in 2008, including the ABC module, struts, batteries, and basically every sensor or other misc parts that were superseded over the years. It was like a send-off celebration.

PM me if you have any specific questions or would like to be notified when I make it back to the States.

Edit since it was pointed out: I will create a thread in the Classifieds when I get back and post an asking price at that time. I don't think it is worth debating value or discussing offers until I get back and can show the car, or at the very least am able to post current, detailed photos.

The day I found it on the lot:

Last edited by PavementPounder; 07-06-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I don't see a price?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus, AMG Soon!
Interesting. PM Sent.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
I am intrigued too. What price range are we talking?