SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 500
Angry help

I have a 03 sl500 and it is out of warranty I was very unfortunate to have to pay for repairs in excess of $9500 at Mb dealership to replace my abc pump and valve block and lines. shortly after the repairs I picked up my car and less than a week the abc visit workshop error code popped up. when i took it back the dealer is now telling my the right front strut is leaking internally and travel sensor is faulty and the abc control module is faulty which will cost another $4k according to them. Obviously after spending the 9500 (what was I thinking) I don't wish to spend the other amount. at this point it's not under warranty so used parts is a option I'm putting on the table does anyone know where I can get a left front strut and abc control module online? preferable refurbished or used?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
03 SL500(Sold), 09 C300, 11 E550
Originally Posted by benzy03
I have a 03 sl500 and it is out of warranty I was very unfortunate to have to pay for repairs in excess of $9500 at Mb dealership to replace my abc pump and valve block and lines. shortly after the repairs I picked up my car and less than a week the abc visit workshop error code popped up. when i took it back the dealer is now telling my the right front strut is leaking internally and travel sensor is faulty and the abc control module is faulty which will cost another $4k according to them. Obviously after spending the 9500 (what was I thinking) I don't wish to spend the other amount. at this point it's not under warranty so used parts is a option I'm putting on the table does anyone know where I can get a left front strut and abc control module online? preferable refurbished or used?
These refurbished ones have a lifetime warranty. I haven't anything negative about them and plan on using these myself when my struts go.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...18_pid145.html