SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Does somebody know how to reset the service reminder on a 2007 SL 550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL550 (Iridium Silver, Ash interior, Panorama roof), Chevy Tahoe, Honda VTX1800R, Searay SRV240
Does somebody know how to reset the service reminder on a 2007 SL 550?

Does somebody know how to reset the service reminder on a 2007 SL 550?
====================
Here's what does NOT work:
First switch the ignition to position 2, then press the knob straight in two times,
then turn the key off then press and hold the knob,
then turn the key back on to position 2 and keep holding the knob down for 10 seconds.
====================
This does NOT work either:
1. Ignition key in position 2.
2. Use the page button to select odometer readout in cluster.
3. Use the scroll button to display FSS indicator.
4. Press 'R' button on cluster for approximately 2 seconds.
5. Display in cluster will advise "to reset service reminder - press 'R' button for approx. 3 seconds.
6. Press 'R' button on cluster for approximately 3 seconds.
7. Service reminder is reset.
=====================
Nor does this:
Turn key on - do not start engine.
In the mileage window, display the Service light. Press once.
Then press and hold for three seconds.
====================
This does NOT work either:
Turn key, hit reset three times before air bag light goes off (3 times within 2 seconds).
Navigate to the reset for oil.
Turn key additional click.
==================
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 PM

2007 alpina b7
did u make sure your doors trunk and hood is closed?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 PM

2007 alpina b7
make sure doors are closed and do the second one again
Old 01-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Sl550
Hi all,

I have a 57 plate SL500 with the 5.5l engine. Having changed the oil, filter and brakes etc, I would like to reset the service interval. I have tried all of the techniques described in the original post above and they have not worked? I do not even get prompted with a message asking if I would like to reset? I have checked if the reset button works, which it does, as I was able to reset to factory settings.

Any ideas?
Old 05-26-2014, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 SL500 Sport
This worked for me today:

FSS Reset:

Get in car, close the doors, and turn key to position 1

IMMEDIATELY hit the rest button three times (You have to do this within 3 seconds)

You should see the multi-function display show voltage now.

Scroll down using the button on the steering wheel and get to the page showing oil measurement (Can't recall exactly what it says but it will be obvious this is a service menu)

Turn key to position 2 (You must do this at this time)

You should now be able to scroll to where it will ask for oil type (I believe I only had one choice like Oil 1.0 or something to that effect.

Work your way thru that menu and it will ask you to hold reset for 3 seconds on the multi-function display. If you do that it will reset and you will see your next service interval.

The main thing is getting the voltage to come up by turning to position 1 and hitting reset 3 times in less than 3 seconds. Once you are there you will be able to intuitively work your way thru the menus. Just remember to turn it to position 2 only when you get to the service menu screen.

The following users liked this post:
viper1996 (06-05-2018)
Old 05-27-2023, 04:50 PM

2009 MB SL550
2009 sl550

Originally Posted by dscabra
This worked for me today:

FSS Reset:

Get in car, close the doors, and turn key to position 1

IMMEDIATELY hit the rest button three times (You have to do this within 3 seconds)

You should see the multi-function display show voltage now.

Scroll down using the button on the steering wheel and get to the page showing oil measurement (Can't recall exactly what it says but it will be obvious this is a service menu)

Turn key to position 2 (You must do this at this time)

You should now be able to scroll to where it will ask for oil type (I believe I only had one choice like Oil 1.0 or something to that effect.

Work your way thru that menu and it will ask you to hold reset for 3 seconds on the multi-function display. If you do that it will reset and you will see your next service interval.

The main thing is getting the voltage to come up by turning to position 1 and hitting reset 3 times in less than 3 seconds. Once you are there you will be able to intuitively work your way thru the menus. Just remember to turn it to position 2 only when you get to the service menu screen.

this almost works for me. I turn the key to position one and hit reset three times, and the voltage comes up. Scrolling down through that, however, are my VIN, dynamometer test,software hardware numbers, then, and with the key to the second position, engine number. continuing to press the down arrow, it starts over with the voltage. Any ideas?
Old 05-30-2023, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 98 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
It can be a little confusing on the menus, so I did a video on my channel , hope this helps: