SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: What Savini wheels did to me... they mislead me.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
What Savini wheels did to me... they mislead me.

Hello "Members".

I take my story short .
I own an SL600 R230 from 2004.
For about one year ago I decide to buy new wheels at my car,,,,,
I told "Savini" about all the "bad vendors" Rennen and Iconz wheels I had before…. all about how they lie to me and they "stolen" money from me.
About 1200 USD together and no warranty when I got problems with the chrome lips…. they blow out only after few months.

I was in contact with Randy at Savini….. he told me that I must contact their dealer to made the order. John www.wheelandtiredesigns.com

From the beginning I ask if they can made wheels to me buy my own specs.
Front 9*20" ET 20
Rear 11*20" ET 28

I got following answer 17.1.2012:
We usually build a 20x9 ET26 and 20x11 ET31. We cannot guarantee proper fitment with lower offsets, I will build it to the specs you want. How are you wanting this order shipped out.

I order the wheels at my own specs 28.1.2012 :

Hello John.

I order from you for 7000 D SV10 (face) XC series ( deep concave) wheels include the freight cost door to door.

(I try to send the money today and normaly it's take few days before you can see them there).

- Outer lip Gloss black
- Inner lip Gloss black
- Window 1. Gloss black.
- Window 2. Gloss black.
- Center 1. Brushed
- Register Brushed
- Rivets Brushed

Front : 9*20" ET 20. Lip 4,5"
Rear : 11*20" ET 28. Lip 5,5"

The wheels arrive fast and I was very very happy with them!!!
The first thing I notice when I assembly the wheels at the car that the front wheel was not at the fender line….so I bought an 5mm spacers at the front and "I thought that I measured it wrong and it was probably my own fault".
I don't started to check where the problem really was… because they looks great.

I use the wheels about 3-4 months and decide to start a new project with the car…. Wide body SL600. When the parts arrive I start to measure new specs to my new wheels….
I measure them many times and notice the calculations don't match??!!
I took of the wheels and at the wheels you can't se any ET stamps… so I decide to measure them…. at this moment I notice that my wheels from Savini is not what I have order from them and paid 7000 USD!!!!

I contact John and Savini (Randy) about one month ago and ask about this…. and told them they have lie and mislead me and I'm not happy with this.
I ask for compensation because I paid 7000 USD (incl freight) for a set what I could have had…. answer was no compensation because is so long time ago.
( I ask help also for change this "wrong" setup to wide body setup…. no answers".)

I PAID 7000 USD FOR A SETUP WHICH WAS NOT I PAID FOR. I find an invoice from Savini to Wheel and tires about 4200 USD in one of the wheel box so the dealer Wheel and tires took about 2800 USD incl freight cost.

So for you all….. watch out and I recommend to leave issues like this alone…. BEWARE Savini wheels and John www.wheelandtiredesigns.com
We must show them al that they can't behavior us like this…. they think they own our cars….

I have show them this thread before I hang it out.

Best regards
Juha Tuoma
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daytime: Slow and easy with 2006 SL500 & 2003 S430 . Night time: Hard and Fast with my wife
sorry to hear about your issue but after reading all you posted, I still do not know exactly what was wrong w/ your set of wheels.. you said it was not what you order but you did not say what was wrong w/ those wheels... just curious but unless they have explicit warranty stated w/ your order I really don't think there is much you can do now after 4 months... I am wondering what was wrong that for that large $ amount that you said should be owed back to you because of the wheel problem (whatever it is) that you did not / could not notice when you first install them.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Originally Posted by mitviet
sorry to hear about your issue but after reading all you posted, I still do not know exactly what was wrong w/ your set of wheels.. you said it was not what you order but you did not say what was wrong w/ those wheels... just curious but unless they have explicit warranty stated w/ your order I really don't think there is much you can do now after 4 months... I am wondering what was wrong that for that large $ amount that you said should be owed back to you because of the wheel problem (whatever it is) that you did not / could not notice when you first install them.
Oh... sorry..
The offset was not what I have ordered.
No I don't check the offset.. because they don't mark that at the wheels.
You must measure it your self.
I trust they send me what I order.... as they promise to do.
Front ofset was ET 26 and I order 20
Rear ofset was ET31 and I order 28

I saw something was wrong at the front but I thought it was my measure mistake so I bought 5mm spacers.... but now I now it was not my mistake..... they don't send me what I ordered.

Juha

Last edited by Ekselent; 03-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.