SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: T'is interesting . . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 01:20 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
‘22 S500
T'is interesting . . . .

First off, amazing that there are virtually zero problems - or reasons to return to the dealership on my new LE. It is perfect. Right out of the box. If any of you have been following the new BMW 7 forum . . . . http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e65/
All I can say is "oh my." Lots of anger and defensiveness there. And problems, some of which are monumental. Read yesterday's USA Today review: http://www.usatoday.com/money/columns/healey.htm

Secondly, what is it about this car . . . the new SL? It sits in my garage . . . and I keep visiting it, sitting in it, touching, sniffing . . . it IS a work of art. A work of art that just happens to be driveable. The small things . . . .I have to admire. Example: How icey cold the top of the transmission shift is in the morning. It feels like heavy steel and stays cold like heavy steel. Also, recently discovered that the memory for the driver's seat, includes, of course the side mirrors and the steering wheel position - but also the rearview mirror. That too moves exactingly into the position the mirror was in when I pushed the memory button.

The gentleman that compared the Z8 to the SL: My question to you: Remember when the '90 SL was released, along with the BMW 850i? What happened to that? Where did that go? I think the new SL is timeless in its beauty. My take. . . . Picture forthcoming with Tyler, my labrador in the driver's seat. Best to all . . . Pete
Old 03-09-2002, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Lucky Dog

That dog Tyler, that is.