SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL 500
My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions

Well, I also did a wide Body conversion on a 2003 Sl500. My car was in an accident last year so I decided to do the upgrade. The kit I purchased was so horribly manufactured I ended up having to reshape alot of it and in the end made a new set of epoxy molds. My business is making aftermarket parts so this was a no brainer. Forgiato Custom built a sick set of wheels for the car with 14 inch wide rear wheels. The tires are 345 25 20 in the rear. Heres my issue with the rear now. The wheels have are wearing down extremely fast and have gone out of any road hazard warranty within 2000 miles. I had a feeling this might happen so I didn't purchase the road hazard warranty. The car is going up on the lift for some work so I want to find out if there are any aftermarket adjustable upper arms that would allow me to adjust the camber. I would like to get a set for the front and rear if someone is maufacturing these. If not I will be making some new arms to fix the camber issues of these cars when lowered
Attached Thumbnails My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions-20130929_133511.jpg   My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions-20130929_133546.jpg   My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions-20130929_133604.jpg   My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions-20130929_133555.jpg   My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions-20130929_133610.jpg  

My Wide Body Conversion and Suspension Questions-20130929_133819.jpg  

Last edited by crpdiblos; 12-02-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by crpdiblos
.... Heres my issue with the rear now. The wheels have are wearing down extremely fast and have gone out of any road hazard warranty within 2000 miles. I had a feeling this might happen so I didn't purchase the road hazard warranty. The car is going up on the lift for some work so I want to find out if there are any aftermarket adjustable upper arms that would allow me to adjust the camber. I would like to get a set for the front and rear if someone is maufacturing these.

Yes, that's what we do at K-MAC! But as explained below not adjustable upper arms but lower arm bushings which still retain top of tire to outer fender clearance which is important if wide profile tires fitted.

With no adjustment ex-factory/OEM we saw the need and were the first to manufacture both front precisely adjustable Camber and also Caster replacement bush kits and rear Camber and "extra Toe" adjustment kits.

To end the frustration of not being able to return to OEM specs after fitting wide profile tires/rims, altering suspension height or load carrying and the opportunity now of lowering lap times on track days by changing settings. Along with the advantage of having this ongoing easy to adjust facility for curb knock damage.

Kits resolving premature edge tire wear, improving traction, braking, high speed directional control and steering response.

With most of these K-MAC patented design kits having twice the load bearing area of OEM thereby increasing bush life.

Proudly at K-MAC we do not outsource or use cheap imports - instead "in -house" manufacture allows us to oversee quality and always be at the forefront by making rapid, constant product upgrades and keeping up to date with new model releases.