SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Help - Rear brake LED light problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk, SL 500
Help - Rear brake LED light problem

I have a 2003 SL500 that im just putting back on the road after sitting unused for 3 years (indoors)

New Aux battery and central door locking air pump freed up all is working apart from the rear lights

but I have brake light issues

On the bottom strip of LED's on each rear light, only the very outer led's are working, on the very outer corners
as such im getting an error message on dashboard saying that the rear brake lights are not working and an alternative one is now being used

The same problem is with both rear tail lights, so although ive removed the lights and checked for corrosion (all good) also checked the fuse unit behind the drivers seat (right hand drive UK car) and the unit underneath for connector issues but nothing amiss found

the high level brake light works fine

I am now at a loss - please can anyone help

thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05SL500,69 Nova,55Caddy
Originally Posted by Indigo99
I have a 2003 SL500 that im just putting back on the road after sitting unused for 3 years (indoors)

New Aux battery and central door locking air pump freed up all is working apart from the rear lights

but I have brake light issues

On the bottom strip of LED's on each rear light, only the very outer led's are working, on the very outer corners
as such im getting an error message on dashboard saying that the rear brake lights are not working and an alternative one is now being used

The same problem is with both rear tail lights, so although ive removed the lights and checked for corrosion (all good) also checked the fuse unit behind the drivers seat (right hand drive UK car) and the unit underneath for connector issues but nothing amiss found

the high level brake light works fine

I am now at a loss - please can anyone help

thanks in advance
I signed up on here because I am tearing hairs out looking for replacement led boards.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
SL550 Designo Crystal & Red Interior - SL55 Silver & Black Interior - E550
Are you saying you need a new led strip for the rear trunk area above the license plate? They are available on ebay.