SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: 2003 SRS Code B11B3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
MBs: SL55, GLK350
2003 SRS Code B11B3

Hi, I have a 2003 r230 (sl55) with an SRS warning on dash after the interior was detailed (by me). While I was very thorough, I was still very careful but obviously I disturbed something!
The passenger airbag deactivation light is off, only the SRS lamp on dash remains illuminated.

I already had a carsoft setup (multiplexer/7.4 software) and was able to connect to the airbag module. The only fault code it generates is "B11B3", with no definition. My searches online for this code came up with nothing pertaining to an r230 or even Mercedes brand as a whole, just one website had this code number with a fault code description of "button 6" which of course doesn't mean anything

Clearing the code was not effective, the srs lamp immediately came back on after the ignition OFF->RUN bulb proveout sequence and the fault code remained active on rescan.
Disconnecting and cleaning the underseat SRS sensors and clearing again had no effect. As mentioned earlier the passenger airbag off indicator is not illuminated or flashing, only comes on during bulb prove out then stays off - so I was leaning away from a passenger seat mat / occupancy sensor issue though of course still possible.

Does anyone have further info on this b11b3 fault code? I'd greatly appreciate it!
I had already contacted a member about just breaking down and getting a star system for myself, he is waiting to hear back from me, but if I can hold off on that for now and just work from the code I have that would be great.

Thanks!

Edited to add screen shot of the carsoft scan results
Attached Thumbnails 2003 SRS Code B11B3-image.jpg  

Last edited by dRockSL55; 04-14-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
I just removed the drivers seat last weekend to replace the seat heater. I pulled out the yellow connector under the drivers seat without thinking about it. Then I turned the key on to move the seat forwards and back to remove the bolts. When I realized what I had done, I knew a code and light would pop up and knowing MB it would not reset with a key or shorting wire. I just ordered the Innova 3130 with SRS upgrade. I will let you know how it works out. Be sure to check that yellow connector under the drivers seat.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
MBs: SL55, GLK350
Originally Posted by getalife.kcm
I just removed the drivers seat last weekend to replace the seat heater. I pulled out the yellow connector under the drivers seat without thinking about it. Then I turned the key on to move the seat forwards and back to remove the bolts. When I realized what I had done, I knew a code and light would pop up and knowing MB it would not reset with a key or shorting wire. I just ordered the Innova 3130 with SRS upgrade. I will let you know how it works out. Be sure to check that yellow connector under the drivers seat.
FYI AFAIK The innova won't work with a MB except for generic obdii power train codes. I already have the innova 3160b and though I knew it wouldn't work, I tried anyway without success.
Here is the innova srs application guide,
http://innova.com/Content/Support/Downloads/051812_31X0b_SRS_Chart_Final.pdf

Good luck, I'm just going to get a STAR system so I am prepared for any future issue