SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: How do I unlock the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I unlock the trunk

I just got my SL 500 shipped tome. Its been in my garage for a few days (while I was out of town)... I tried to open the trunk, but it wont unlock, neither the remote unlocking or the unlock in the door seems to work... any ideas what might be going on.. is there some sort of safety feature that needs to be reset? We are snowed in here, so I cannot get to the dealer for at least a day or so...
Old 01-01-2004, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: How do I unlock the trunk

Originally posted by pdxxer
I just got my SL 500 shipped tome. Its been in my garage for a few days (while I was out of town)... I tried to open the trunk, but it wont unlock, neither the remote unlocking or the unlock in the door seems to work... any ideas what might be going on.. is there some sort of safety feature that needs to be reset? We are snowed in here, so I cannot get to the dealer for at least a day or so...
maybe the car came locked, what you need to do is get your key fob, and take out the metal key from it, by sliding the switch at the top, then get on the floor, and try to find the keyhole on the trunk, and unlock like that, that should do the trick, GL

i dont understand why the factory, or dealer would lock it though
Old 01-02-2004, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Sounds to me like the accessorty battery has discharged. This is the one in the trunk which runs everything not needed to actually start the car.

As bmms8 says, use the metal key to get into the car and also to unlock the trunk lid, then either start the car and go for a 30 mile drive to charge it up, or else charge the battery using a regular battery charger.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks

Its magically unlocked somehow after my wife collapsed the roof... oh its so reminds me of microsoft software,,,,