SL/R230: steering wheel eay entry feature problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 E320 cabriolet 1995
steering wheel eay entry feature problem

hi guys, its my first time on here.
I have a 2002 sl500 r230. a few months ago the steering wheel stopped adjusting up and down. I didn't have time to get it fixed till last week. after they fixed it they said a little piece inside was broken and had to be replaced. now it goes up and down. however when I have the easy entry feature on. what happens is when I leave the car the seat goes back and the steering wheel goes up. but when I go back to drive the car, the steering wheel and the seat does not move back. the steering wheel stays up and the seat stays back.

if I turn this feature off, sometimes the steering wheel goes up when I enter the car and stays there till I manually put it back down. this is weird. sometimes it does nothing if I have this feature off. its annoying. please help me people. thanks
Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Not sure this is a fix, but rather some clues to the problem.
I was messing around with my Star system and R230 this weekend. My seat had an issue where it did not retract with Easy Entry on.

There are settings in there for the 'Easy Entry' features that set the amount the seat will retract, or even how far it will move forward, with lots of warnings about squeezing tall guys into the steering wheel.
I was able to adjust the values for both seat settings, and the feature is now working on the seat.
My wheel always worked correctly, so I did not mess with those settings.

So...you might get the dealer that fixed your wheel to set the correct values for the wheel using the Star.
Sorry, but I did not check those wheel values while messing around.

Try adjusting the wheel and seat, then saving it to memory. This may fix the problem.

Last edited by kbob999; 07-13-2015 at 01:40 PM.