SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Workshop manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sl500
Workshop manual

Hi. All we know that this is very old topic . Workshop manual for r230. How can I get it ?
Who can send it or tell where to get .
Old 12-17-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
Ebay.

I just purchased disc's and installed them on my new computer. You run the programs on a virtual machine running windows xp. I can recommend http://www.ebay.com/itm/171688111565?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITTakes some time to load the 5 discs but the instructions are easy to follow. I had an issue with one disc but the seller was quick to communicate with a solution.

There is a learning curve on using the WIS/EPC programs but if you are patient and persistent you will be okay. The seller does include instructions on using the programs.

I can't imagine owning a MB without the WIS program. I purchased my first MB almost 4 years ago and one of the first things that I did was purchase a set of discs from a chap in the UK. I used those on my old computer up til just recently when I upgraded to a newer computer. I was unable to get that program to work on my new setup due to a mac address key issue. The newer setup I am using now will be able to be reloaded and run on any new system I get in the future because it is self contained and runs on a VM. You do need 70GB of room on your main drive.

I do all my own work and because of the WIS, I have not had to cry uncle yet and go to the dealership, (knock on wood!) My next tool to purchase is an SDS setup. Since the purchase of my R230 recently, I will need more in depth troubleshooting capabilities due to more complicated electronic systems ie vario roof etc.

Good luck,

Bob
Old 12-17-2015, 08:34 PM

Sl500
Thanks Bob for a good answer.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:58 PM

SL55 AMG
Password

Originally Posted by mercy-me
Ebay.

I just purchased disc's and installed them on my new computer. You run the programs on a virtual machine running windows xp. I can recommend this seller,
Takes some time to load the 5 discs but the instructions are easy to follow. I had an issue with one disc but the seller was quick to communicate with a solution.

There is a learning curve on using the WIS/EPC programs but if you are patient and persistent you will be okay. The seller does include instructions on using the programs.

I can't imagine owning a MB without the WIS program. I purchased my first MB almost 4 years ago and one of the first things that I did was purchase a set of discs from a chap in the UK. I used those on my old computer up til just recently when I upgraded to a newer computer. I was unable to get that program to work on my new setup due to a mac address key issue. The newer setup I am using now will be able to be reloaded and run on any new system I get in the future because it is self contained and runs on a VM. You do need 70GB of room on your main drive.

I do all my own work and because of the WIS, I have not had to cry uncle yet and go to the dealership, (knock on wood!) My next tool to purchase is an SDS setup. Since the purchase of my R230 recently, I will need more in depth troubleshooting capabilities due to more complicated electronic systems ie vario roof etc.

Good luck,

Bob
I installed those disks about a year ago, but I have forgotten what the password was to access the program.
could you send it to me.
Thanks

Stratmax
Old 04-04-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 SL550
I purchased a subscription to AllDataDIY.com. Still learning how to fully navigate through the website but it does contain a lot of information. I haven't mastered locating parts diagrams with part numbers yet so if anyone wants to chime in...
Old 04-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
Originally Posted by stratmax
I installed those disks about a year ago, but I have forgotten what the password was to access the program.
could you send it to me.
Thanks

Stratmax
Sorry, just now saw your post.

Once you open up the virtual machine, double click EWA.net to get to the EPC,WIS/ASRA log in screen USER admin, password admin1

Good Luck,

Bob
Old 04-05-2017, 07:40 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
If admin1 does not work, try 12345.