SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Is has arrived Pt II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl 500
Is has arrived Pt II

well , finally after 14 months wait my car arrived. Brilliant silver with graphite interior. Wooden steering wheel and gear shift knobs as well. Was like christmas......very excited , even giddy (or it could have been I am tired)

Anyway the nice sales person tried to talk me thru the car...nearly took 1 hour. Hardest thing to get use to so far is the KEYLESS GO . For those who are considering this option, GET IT. It definitely adds to the wow factor.

any way here are some of my quick impressions so far

1. sun shades/blinds look better than the 2003 model I saw recently (did they change it)
2. wind deflector at the back,if you are not using it better to leave it at home. It takes up such a large space in the boot.
3. regardless of what people say, it is a small boot
4. nokia 6310i phone good so far
5. sat nav seems very complicated so far
6. car finish was great !!

oh well , got to read the manual tonight, they are so thick esp the command book

will report soon with picture, got to get the partner to take the pictures (i can't work the digital camera)

monty
Old 07-02-2004, 08:23 AM

2004 SL500, 2007 R350 Sport
Congrats Monty. I always end up skipping pages in the manuals only to discover things a month or so later! Then I read them thoroughly!

Just got a call from my dealer to say our car will be finished in 6 days so should have it in a fortnight or so. Been a loooooong wait.

Enjoy your SL Monty. At least you'll have the weather to get the roof down - it's been p'ing down here for what seems months!
Old 07-03-2004, 08:05 AM

sl 500
what weather

this year has been the wetest and coldest winter i can remember (mind you our winter must be equivalent to your summer - never been to UK but gather it is not tropical)

mind you it was 20 celcius today and sunny, tried the car without the roof

u love the car once it arrives

monty