Old 08-24-2019, 07:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
SL550
Originally Posted by pmercury
Crunchy-Brunch 22
You have to understand that
1 your laptop does not have any wired RJ45 network plug
2 Your hard drive has NONE of the Dell inspirion 3185 drivers
3 Your Ching Chong (who will soon rule the world and will use us as slaves) mother****ers prepared SSD has been set with network settings

the only solution is to get all the driver from dell for the installed version of windows. so Win 10 X64 Win10 X86 WIN 7 X86 or WIN X64
download them on a USB
then boot your computer without wifi on, or in "safe mode" (F8 key ) , install ALL
reboot

then you will still have a Ching Chong (who will soon rule the world and will use us as slaves) mother****ers installed system with no support but some kind of working

good luck

ps, I can do this by remote too
You’re not reading too well are you??
I said I have two d630 laptops and when I installed ssd in either of them they do the same thing.
Windows 7 boots up and stays on for couple minutes and then just resets on its own.
BOTH d630 are doing the same thing which tells me that something is not right with the drive.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Sl500
Originally Posted by Dhunch22
Windows 7 boots up and stays on for couple minutes and then just resets on its own.
BOTH d630 are doing the same thing which tells me that something is not right with the drive.
1. Make a decision on which computer you would like to use and Stick with it! ( They all have their unique identifier/s)
2. Do not plug/connect any devices/cables to it.
3. Disable wireless by men’s of switch on the left side of the laptop.
4. Start the computer (it takes about a minute)
5. Go to your network settings
- There should be only two. If there is more, it’s probably because of the previous “experiments”.
- Delete unwanted networks. You only need one LAN and one wireless.
6. Pick you connection ( ex. wireless 2) properties
7. Must be set as a public network. (Don’t ask me why)
8. Do the same for your LAN connection.

I hope this helps and get you going.
If in doubt, stop and think 🤔 about it for a minute.

PS
Rodeo function is so awesome that I would do over and over again if I knew it wasn’t going to destroy my ride.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:25 AM

SL550
Originally Posted by MarkCan
1. Make a decision on which computer you would like to use and Stick with it! ( They all have their unique identifier/s)
2. Do not plug/connect any devices/cables to it.
3. Disable wireless by men’s of switch on the left side of the laptop.
4. Start the computer (it takes about a minute)
5. Go to your network settings
- There should be only two. If there is more, it’s probably because of the previous “experiments”.
- Delete unwanted networks. You only need one LAN and one wireless.
6. Pick you connection ( ex. wireless 2) properties
7. Must be set as a public network. (Don’t ask me why)
8. Do the same for your LAN connection.

I hope this helps and get you going.
If in doubt, stop and think 🤔 about it for a minute.

PS
Rodeo function is so awesome that I would do over and over again if I knew it wasn’t going to destroy my ride.
Mark, I ditched the d630 project because laptop reboots on its own after about 3-5 minutes of being on. Even if I don’t touch anything after booting into windows.
when I put the drive in dell 3185 it has no issues whatsoever and I was able to load all the drivers and it is significantly faster.
I know it doesn’t have built in Ethernet but that’s why I am adding USB2ETH adapter to it. As soon as microcenter opens today and then I’ll go from there.
3185 is also smaller, battery lasts way longer and is a touchscreen so hopefully the Ethernet adapter will work.
Will chime in more updates as the day goes on.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:16 PM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
You’re not reading too well are you??
I said I have two d630 laptops and when I installed ssd in either of them they do the same thing.
Ohhh then just enter the bios with F1 or F2 on startup and set Drive from AHCI to IDE
Old 08-24-2019, 12:30 PM

SL550
Ohhh then just enter the bios with F1 or F2 on startup and set Drive from AHCI to IDE
I tried both ways, AHCI and IDE and the laptop is still rebooting on its own.
I am about to test the usb 2 eth adapter and post findings here.
Hopefully it goes well.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 S550 W221
I am having issues with connecting to my wifi. I installed the drivers for hp pavilion m6. As soon as wifi connects toy home wifi ot reboots. Is it supposed to connect to the network?

The package arrived last week.

I bought it here;
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...00000000000000

It came well packed,

within the time frame promised by the seller.
- 4 days to clear the payment, irrelevant on the payment method used.
- shipped the following day.
- arrived by DHL in 2 business days.

I just got the time now and I’m in the process of setting it up.
1. SSD installation.
- for some reason the SSD drive is not being guided to the drive sockets on the laptop. Laptop bottom case removal may be necessary for proper installation. (Originally I thought that the drive was bad)
- I contacted the seller and the response was swift.
I needed to know if I can connect the SSD elsewhere to confirm it’s functionality. (I was afraid to corrupt files in the process as it was a dedicated drive.)
- Drive confirmed to be functional. It was the drive bay holder of the Dell D630 that guided the SSD drive incorrectly. I guess it was design for mechanical drives which are quite thicker. In the future case disassemble can be avoided.
Do not attach the drive bracket, place thin piece of cardboard on the drive (to match the thickness of the original drive) and carefully slide it in. Remove the cardboard. Install the bracket.
- SSD installed, case put back together, laptop bots up OK

System components;

- (As most probably notice from the posts bellow,) installation is based on the Dell D630.

- 4G of Ram (only 3 usable)

- SSD 240G, Sata3

- Running Win 7 Ultimate, 32bit.

- C4 Multiplexer with option to connect via; LAN cable and wireless in two ways (workshop and road24)

Initial setup;

- Laptop was somewhat slow to respond in first few boot sequences.

- Some drivers had to be manually installed. One needs to pay close attention to their size.

- Ewa setup was very clearly explained in the included file yet it would get lost every other time the compute got rebooted. Re-install did not help. Since seller provides initial support I took him up on the offer and got this resolved in less than a day. He did not disclose what was corrected.

- I purchased 10ft LAN cable for the MUX (one comes included but is not so flexible and on the heavy side). I also got an inexpensive router to setup an independent network. Nothing complicated here – if you can connect your own computer to the router at home than you can do this as well.

- 800x600 are not the resolution many of us want to use now days. So now was the time to improve the graphics a bit. And if you ask than No, I still cannot run the latest F1 simulator J. Although the resolution are usable and the second screen option is available, should one be needed/desired. The Intel driver 6.14.10.4926 is not the latest but seems the best match when it comes to stability in the above system. Resolutions settings of 1280x768 fills the SDS screens quite nice.

- SSD size. The drive included in the package comes filed to the brim. Stays in red at all times. Once again decision needs to be made in order to ease the strain on the system, improve the speed, and allow some space for future reports. (I’m not asking for much here but we all know it adds up pretty quick) There are two choices, you can either move some files to the external drive (and probably never find them again) or spend few bucks on a bigger SSD and transfer the complete system as an hardware upgrade (if you think you are not up to the task than local computer shop can do this for you dirt cheap provided you purchase the SSD from them).

- For those who are thinking about this system and have not yet purchased it, there is the third option – Ask the seller to use 500G SSD

Seller support;

- Available and fairly responsive.

- Future buyers need to consider time difference in between the home land and China (if support is to be used). North America give or take 12 hours.

Initial use results and observation;

- Win(only) boot time – 56sec.

- Win with network – 1m. 46s.

- SDS (v2019) start – 49sec.

- C4 MUX boot time – 26 sec.

- Xentry start – 49sec.

- Initial connect to MUX – <10s. in all 3 net. conditions (LAN, workshop, Road24)

- To establish com. layer – 1min. 14sec.

- Quick Test served as the network guinea pig and the scan times are as follow;

· Workshop – 3min. 37sec.

· Road 24 – 4min. 29sec

· LAN cable – 3min. 9sec.

· Browsing/time it takes to move through the screens (retrieve code) is very reasonable especially in the LAN/cable mode.

- So far the only shortcoming (not sure if it’s software or hardware) is the lack of auto VIN detection. The button is present on the screen, it initialises the check but gets nowhere. Manual input is needed. Not a big deal I guess.

- I have browse through most troublesome sections (for R230) like ABC and find it well organized. I hope the rest is just like it.

For me to sum it up and close this post in few words you need to know that I previously only owned generic code scanners. Now I feel like,

I HAD A CESSNA AND NOW I'M SITTING IN THE DREAMLINER COCKPIT.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:28 PM

SL550
I got it working!!!
with a dell 11” 3185 and usb to Ethernet adapter. Sweet!!!
Attached Thumbnails Star system (C4)-1a07c2f0-37b7-4b27-9ff8-572709a1e1c1.jpeg  
The following users liked this post:
pmercury (08-24-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 02:40 PM

SL550
just tried testing ABC and all four corners of the car went up and down 3 times, one at the time. working!!!!!! YAY!
time to go do ABC flush!
Old 08-24-2019, 03:12 PM

Sl500
I got it working!!!
with a dell 11” 3185 and usb to Ethernet adapter. Sweet!!!
Excellent 👍
Win7 32 or 64 bit?
Old 08-24-2019, 03:13 PM

SL550
Excellent 👍
Win7 32 or 64 bit?
Good question. I’ll check and let you know.
Old 08-24-2019, 05:14 PM

2010 S550 W221
Newbee to MB STAR C4/5

Guys,
I am totally new to this system (in fact no previous exprience in cars and car softwares). I purchased the C5 and HDD with the latest SW. I am hoping to get a step by step process to get it up and running. Here is what I have so far;
  1. Swapped the drive with HDD I recieved with the C5 MUX.
    1. Laptop (hp Pavilion M6) booted up w/o a problem but had not nework drivers (Wifi or LAN) and the resolution was poor.
    2. Ended up downloading the network and display driver and installed them
    3. the resolution is fixed.
    4. The network appears to available.
    5. When I connect to my home WiFi Connection, it connects to it and reboots immediately.
  2. I can't reach out to the seller due to the weekend, and I can only spend time on this on the weekend
  3. I am looking for help/assistance with the following:
    1. Do we suppose to connect to Internet
    2. If yes, I need help figuering out how to connect to internet without it rebooting
    3. If no, what is the next step on connecting to the MUX and the vehicle
      1. what is required to be able to connect to MUX and the Car
      2. Once connected to the car, what application has to be run to run the diagnostic
      3. I am perticularly interest in doing the following:
        1. Diagnose the air suspension (2010 S550) to figure out the culprit on sagging strut and error message
        2. Update the software (command center) on the car with latest navigation
        3. Look into TPMS system and possibly fix/force the frequency of TPMS device so the command center see the TPMS
Any advice and thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:42 PM

SL550
C4

Installed the batteries and can work on simulations without being plugged into power supply or obdii

i am also cloning the original SSD which is 240Gb and at maximum capacity to a 500Gb SSD.

Old 08-24-2019, 07:46 PM

SL550
Originally Posted by bshad74
Guys,
I am totally new to this system (in fact no previous exprience in cars and car ......
i’ve had exact same issue with the two dell d630 which is the preferred laptop. As soon as connected to my WiFi, the laptop would reboot.
Before you connect to the WiFi go to network setting and WiFi adapter - properties and under ipv4 make sure IP is not entered manually but change to DHCP.
I ended up getting everything working on a different dell - 11 3185 which is a 11” touchscreen and I have everything up and running and connected my C4 via WiFi.

Last edited by Dhunch22; 08-24-2019 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 08-24-2019, 07:51 PM

CL
i’ve had exact same issue with the two dell d630 which is the preferred laptop. As soon as connected to my WiFi, the laptop would reboot.
Before you connect to the WiFi go to network setting and WiFi adapter - properties and under ipv4 make sure IP is not entered manually but change to DHCP.
I ended up getting everything working on a different dell - 11 3185 which is a 11” touchscreen and I have everything up and running and connected my C4 via WiFi.
I told you guys NOT to use wireless
use the RJ45 cable only
remove the crap wifi card from the SDconnect and DO NOT USE batteries

set the wifi properties under ipv4 to auto
and the wired network ipv4 to IP 172.29.127.119 255.255.255.0 or anything from 172.29.127.110 to 119

using wifi is on your OWN RISK and don't come cry here if you **** up a ecu because you had a connection fail in the middle of a coding

Last edited by pmercury; 08-26-2019 at 06:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by pmercury:
cadbob (06-22-2020), cadman777 (05-18-2023)
Old 08-24-2019, 08:00 PM

CL
For the value of two tanks of gas on top of what you paid you would have got a real professional install
but it should work for a few years if you never ever go online and if you are happy with not having 30GB of offline coding files
Old 08-24-2019, 09:02 PM

2010 S550 W221
I am able to connect via wifi and through RJ45 as long as I do not connect to my internet wifi.

I do not know the MUX box wifi connection now. These Chinese don't provide any information and they are all closed due to weekend.

RJ45 does connect to MUX with a yellow triangle on the network icon saying "unidentified network".

So what now?

Old 08-24-2019, 09:09 PM

SL550
I am able to connect via wifi and through RJ45 as long as I do not connect to my internet wifi.

I do not know the MUX box wifi connection now. These Chinese don't provide any information and they are all closed due to weekend.

RJ45 does connect to MUX with a yellow triangle on the network icon saying "unidentified network".

So what now?
go to the properties of you LAN network on the laptop and set a static IP on it of 172.29.127.119 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0
pmercury (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:03 AM

CL
and disable wifi
Old 08-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Sl500

Did you setup an independent network like I suggested to you and configure it according to the instructions provided on the hard drive?
I guess not!

I do not know the MUX box wifi connection now.

Since you encounter so many problems already I humbly suggest that you stick with the cable connection. Trust me, it’s faster and more reliable anyway.

These Chinese don't provide any information

There is no need to vent your frustration on the ethnic group. One shall check the information packet provided prior.

and they are all closed due to weekend.

Personally I think it would be nice if everyone could have the weekend off. Spend time with the ones close to you or doing what ever makes your heart sing.
If you really insist on working weekends than Walmart is always hiring.

Yes, of course. Your PC is connected to some device, it’s talking back and forth but can not get any more information above of what you provided.
It’s just letting you know that it’s not all that happy.

So what now?

Hopefully you will browse through the drive and read some instructions.
OK, Start in tools folder.
Please, don’t take that the wrong way. Just try, investigate, try again.
Patience, persistence, perseverance.
Have a great day!
Old 08-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 388 Likes on 307 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
I ended up getting everything working...and I have everything up and running and connected my C4 via WiFi.
Congratulations!

i am also cloning the original SSD...
On a cautionary note if you bought what Mark purchased, the seller warns not to clone the software. You may run the risk of having neither your original nor your cloned drive work. (That is what happened to a member over on Benzworld.)
Old 08-25-2019, 03:23 PM

2010 S550 W221
(
​Following the advice changed the ip and subnet and connected to cars obd2 and rj45 to laptop. Mux says "not in use" laptop still says unidentified network. Advise please?
Getting check BATTERY sign even though connected to odb2 and the engine is running)

go to the properties of you LAN network on the laptop and set a static IP on it of 172.29.127.119 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0

Old 08-25-2019, 03:47 PM
Banned

Mux says "not in use" laptop still says unidentified network.
Your issue is discussed here: http://blog.mbstartool.com/2016/11/1...t-12-solution/.

A user's guide for the C4 MUX can be downloaded from this post: https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...ml#post7837648.

Last edited by bobterry99; 08-25-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:08 PM

CL
Originally Posted by bobterry99
Congratulations!

On a cautionary note if you bought what Mark purchased, the seller warns not to clone the software. You may run the risk of having neither your original nor your cloned drive work. (That is what happened to a member over on Benzworld.)
their software is very modified compared to original with plenty of tricks
the day you lose or corrupt your drive you lose the software
Old 08-25-2019, 05:26 PM

CL
Hope the people here now understand that it's not a good Idea buying the software for you SDconnect from China

I am here if you need complete (includes 30GB of Flashdisks 2008-2019 all ecus), genuine and long lasting installation with support for nearly the same price
Old 08-25-2019, 07:37 PM
Banned

Hope the people here now understand that it's not a good Idea buying the software for you SDconnect from China
It's a reasonable guess that one of the three or four people who concurrently purchased a C4 system and participated in this thread will give a brief step-by-step summary of how to get one of these rigs working.

I am here if you need complete...for nearly the same price
Why be coy about what you are charging?

Why not plainly state your fee, and -- this is very important -- whether or not your installation include access to the development mode menus. (Chinese software has access to development mode, and I believe so does software from Benzworld's Paul600600.)
Dhunch22 (08-25-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL/R230: Star system (C4)