SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Forever FIX off your ABC issues and engine oil use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 02:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
I would rebuild all of them and this point and probably the pump too.
easy for you to say .....
Old 08-01-2024, 05:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 SL550, 2008 E550, 2011 E350, 2012 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
Talking True Brand Universal Stop Leak

Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents on this thread, after interfacing w/Tommy and confirming what I bought is compatible/would work I went ahead and added it. I opted to use the True Brand universal stop leak due to it being the easiest to obtain via Amazon. Short answer, YES! My suspension feel has improved and it does lift and lower faster. Did it completely get rid of my problem? No. With that being said the suspension feels 100x better then when I purchased the car and my front left sagging has stopped since adding this product. I have gone 3000 miles (2000 of which were 15+ of driving one way!). People on the fence, I wouldn't hesitate to put this in a 50k+ mile system. I had initially replaced the Hydraulic fluid and ABC fluid + rodeo which DID NOT improve my vehicles condition. Once adding in the QMI/TrueBrand there was a positive change at the 100~ mile mark of driving.

Is it wise to add this product to an ABC system that has an external leak? Maybe..? I probably would not in my opinion.

I suspect the front left sagging was due to a faulty seal in the front valve body, this would happen overnight.

With that being said, I am still chasing my leveling issue. After a medium/hard brake and idling for 10~ seconds (+/-) I can visibly see and feel the front end "level"/"sag" maybe a 3/8 of an inch. This issue happens in EVERY ride height mode... which is now pushing me towards a sensor issue. All pressures are fine, no ABC codes, no funny noises, no leaks...! I'll start a separate thread related to this leveling issue.

TLDR: YES! This product works, don't hesitate to add it to your car. (TrueBrand universal stop leak)
The following 2 users liked this post by SemihG:
gaazmon (08-02-2024), Tommyboy928 (08-11-2024)