SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Changed Crank Sensor now CEL and 3 codes won't clear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
Question Changed Crank Sensor now CEL and 3 codes won't clear

2004 SL55 AMG - This is my first post here so forgive me if I am not in the correct place.
This is my brothers car. Sat in the garage all winter. Started right up in the spring. The car stalled out a few miles down the road. He got a tow back home and called me. I found that it would run for about 5 minutes and then stall. This was repeatable. Used an iCarSoft MBII and found some codes that pointed to the crankshaft sensor. Replaced the sensor and now the car runs fine until it is shut off. Now though, the CEL lamp is lit and there are 3 codes that come back after erasing. The codes are: P2034-000,
P203a-000, P20b7-000. The car is running fine now that it has a new sensor.

Both batteries are fully charged and are 1 year old. I should also mention that I have removed the central locking module as it is blowing the fuse and I will have to rebuild the pump for the 3rd time in as many years. I wouldn't think that this would cause the CEL, but you folks would know better than I. I know that there is a lot of expertise and experience here because over the years I have gotten good information by reading through the forums.
Hoping to get some help.
Thanks,
Uncle Kev