SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: ABC plunger sensor replacement without strut?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 500SL, 1990 560SEC, 2010 ML63, 2007 SL550
Ok, this is just crazy. Switched out the control unit. Nothing improved. Replaced rear control solenoids, nothing changed. Here's the big question, why am I not getting fault codes? I can make the struts actuate using "Pitch"- front to rear, full motion. I can make them all move in full motion in "Rodeo". HOWEVER, when I do the "Roll" function supposed to do full left-to-right motion, it will only go from Center to Left and back to the center. Then repeats. I just reread my previous post. I switched the sensors and got center-right roll only. The weird thing is I didn't switch the sensors back to get now a center-left-only roll function
I can't make the left rear or right rear actuate individually.
When the pressure supply valve isn't properly functioning what will the car do as a result? I get 190 bar and great pressure.
It sits perfectly with blocking solenoids. When I power the right front blocking solenoid however the right front goes up on its own.
Again, why no codes? It lists to the left and can't calibrate etc. Previously it listing to the right. Could it be a wiring harness issue? Gremlins for sure. What am I missing. Something simple?
Thanks!

Last edited by JamesMBZ; 05-12-2024 at 02:07 AM.