SL/R230: My new customized SL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
My new customized SL600

My new SL600 just entered the B0 status which means about 19 days to completion and then a month to ship. I can't wait because after test driving this car, I know exactly how great the ride is going to be.

This is what I ordered and the changes I am making to the car after it arrives:

1. Aegean Blue
2. All black interior
3. Sport package
4. All other options except the pano roof.

Now for the fun. When the car gets here I am doing the following:

1. Replacing Burlwood steering wheel, center console wood and both door panel wood trims with Black Ash wood. With an all black interior I think the Black Ash is going to be incredibly hot.

2. Going to replace the rear tail lamps with the AMG tail lamps which have the charcoal in them.

3. Installing the white illuminated door sills.

4. Installing the black alcantera instrument cluster cover. (This comes from the AMG and matches perfectly since my interior will be all black.)

5. Replacing the gray colored alcantera A-pillars, front, center and rear headliners, and sunvisors, the gray rear view mirror and the gray lamp assembly to the black alcantera A-pillars and headliners and the black mirror and lamp assembly. (Going to look great with the all black interior) very

6. Replacing the AMG package wheels with the 5-Twin Spoke Wheel Multi-piece (STAGGERED).

Well, that is about it. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks to everyone for their help in getting me to these decisions.

Still thinking about the SLR but nervous about driving it everyday. Going to postpone that decsion until the 2006 or 2007 models come out.

Will post pictures when my SL600 is all done.

Again, thanks to all.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 10-25-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent choice of options there lovinSL600. Have you seen the carbon fibre interior trim? This is one thing that I would change in your list. I would get the panorama roof too but thats a personal preference. Never seen it for real, bu I think I would like it. Specially like the Aegean Blue too!
Old 10-26-2004, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Twin, thanks for your feedback. I have seen the carbon fiber and it is really nice. Unfortunately, you can not get the carbon fiber in the SL series. As a result, you have to choose a wooden and leather one and the only choices are chestnut, burlwood or the black ash. There is the cast aluminum trim but then you would have to get the all leather steering wheel. Again, unfortunately the all leather steering wheel won't work electrically in the SL600. It only works in the SL55 or SL65.

I do love the look of the pano roof but I do not like the mesh screen that they use inside to block out the sun. I am driving a SL55 now with a pano roof and the screen does not block out the sun very well and it looks very cheap. They need a better way to close off the pano roof inside but it does look good on the outside I must admit.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 10-26-2004 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
wow! please post pictures of the car!!! I love that color and the all black interior will look hot!