SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Anyone here have experience troubleshooting can bus?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 SL500
Anyone here have experience troubleshooting can bus?

Hello again everyone, I haven't signed on in a while, still haven't worked the bugs out my 05 Sl500. It has ran a couple times, but mostly stays in my garage. I have a Youchanic 2, it seems to be working well at this point, and I get a lot of troubles. Recently I have been studying on the Can Bus. If I am not mistaking, you can have different trouble codes, and trying to replace different parts, but the actual prom is bad communication through the Can Bus. I haven't tried it yet, maybe today, but my biggest problem right now is when I hook up diagnostic, the Cans are not communicating, also I have rear Sam is faulty. From what I gather, if I unplug the rear Sam, and go back to check for communication it will read as normal once the problem is removed from the Caan Bus, if this isn't correct please let me know. I have wasted thousands already trying to get this thing on the road, it seems like this Can Bus might be the way to go in diagnosing modules/ problems. Any advise as always is much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 996 Likes on 775 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Start with a multimeter. Amazingly effective. Intro here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...is-repair.html

PM me your email address and I'll send you the 66 page technical document on the can bus system that should also cover your car.