SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Investment After Purchasing Your MBZ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 11:58 PM

Received 124 Likes on 108 Posts
2005 SL 500 R230
Damn. Wishful thinking? Thought I read that somewhere. Here's hoping..
Old 10-27-2023, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL550
Advice, shop around for a mechanic, if you need parts, used MB parts of Ebay is a great place to start, if your quoted a price for a part/labor, shop around. I was quoted thousands for parts / labor at some mechanics, but once I sourced my own used parts and found a reasonable mechanic, the investment may pay off, good luck on your project
Old 10-27-2023, 06:37 AM
SPONSOR

Received 853 Likes on 661 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
you can save up to 90% on repairs with BenzNinja
Maybe the first investment to start with no ?

The following 2 users liked this post by BenzNinja:
Gene Fiorot (10-27-2023), JettaRed (10-27-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 10:22 AM

Received 111 Likes on 86 Posts
2005 SL600
Originally Posted by Tom Manning
This Benz Ninja is kind of obsolete these days, surely?

With the two big forums, new generation of low cost scanners and YouTube, there aren't too many mysteries now.
Benz Ninja offers remote assistance - if you get stuck on something he can connect remotely to your system while it's connected to your car to help with diagnostics and configuration. His service may be more expensive than some other options, but I think the value is there if you're willing to spend a little more to get it.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (10-27-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 10:55 AM

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts
SL500
Originally Posted by Tom Manning
This Benz Ninja is kind of obsolete these days, surely?

With the two big forums, new generation of low cost scanners and YouTube, there aren't too many mysteries now.
I am not sure if the question mark at the end of the sentence makes any less snarky. But to answer if you know what is wrong with your car you can make better decisions armed with information as to what the fix may be. Armed with that information you can go to a mechanic and advise him what the problem is and what is involved in the repair. You don't have to get your hands dirty if you do not want to. Nothing exists as a diagnostic tool better than Xentry DAS. NOTHING. For example out of nowhere I got a air bag error. I went to my indy guy who has one of those fancy diagnostic tools. His advice was to " start " with replacing a part. I called Benzninga , hooked up my car to my DAS system turned it over to Peter in Europe and within 20 minutes diagnosed the communication error and the problem was eliminated. I will never learn to use the system I count on Peter to do it for me. So a while back when he told me my siren was faulty, I got down and made the repair myself. So I can get my hands dirty on simple fixes. But just knowing what the problem is or having it programmed by Peter is the best part of owning a car with much less stress than displayed here constantly. So no Tom Benzninja is hardy obsolete but a necessary service to have owning this car. For the OP yes the first thing you do based on your statements about not fixing anything is getting a Benzninga System. Obsolete? Come on Man! DAS is obsolete? Gene
The following 3 users liked this post by Gene Fiorot:
BenzNinja (10-27-2023), JettaRed (10-27-2023), Tom Manning (10-27-2023)