SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: Help Identifying Dial Under Dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Chrysler Crossfire w/M113 & 6sp
Help Identifying Dial Under Dash

I just recently purchased a 2006 SL500 and have been troubleshooting some issues. I found some sort of aftermarket device mounted under the steering wheel. It has a lot of wires going all over the place, tied into the factory wire harness all over, it also has 2 LEDs that are mounted into the instrument panel bezel. It has a dial that pokes out of the lower dash trim. The dial is two parts, there is an inner dial which feels like a potentiometer, Then an outer dial which has 3 or 4 positions which it clicks into.

In the trunk there are some bundles of wiring which looks like it could have been from a sound system which was cut out of the car at some point. I have no idea if this device connects to those or not. The car also has a RENNtech supercharger installed, again not sure if this ties into that. I did reach out to RENNtech but they didn't provide any information.

Anyone have any idea what this could be? I am having some wiring issues so I would like to remove it if possible but not sure if that would cause any problems.

Old 02-03-2024, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Chrysler Crossfire w/M113 & 6sp
After spending a lot of time tracing wires, looks like it connects to a radar/laser detector.
The following users liked this post:
Carpedmman (02-04-2024)