SL/R230: B4 status today, now I am getting excited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by speed
I do not want to throw cold water on your up coming new SL but here are the facts. As you know there have been a LOT of electrical/computer problems with new MB vehicles. I want to report to you that my 04 SL600 with 2200 miles has now developed 2 of them and the dealer has yet to figure out how to fix them. I enjoy the car but for the kind of money they charge for this I would hope that MB would do a better job at eliminating the electrical glitches. Yes I know that you can get these with any car but my real concern is that, after these 2 problems are fixed, what else might be coming?
Personally, I will not buy another MB product until I see proof that they have solved these electrical problems. As an aside I must say that I enjoy my 03 S55AMG (no glitches) almost as much as the SL600 and sometimes I like it even MORE than the SL600 forgetting about the glitches. I never lower the top on the SL, not into convertables just bought it for its power and looks.
Good luck with your 600. Hopefully the electrical gremlins will not visit you.
Thanks, unfortunately you never know which car you are going to get.

When the 2003 SL500 came out I was the third person to have the car in the East Bay. They had tons of problems like shortened main harnesses so you had to take the whole car apart to replace the main harness. That was just the start of it. There were a lot more issues. My car had absolutely no problems.

You just never know which car your get. Sorry you are having so much trouble. Hopefully they can fix the problem and you will be a happy MB owner. If you live in the San Franciso Bay area of California or anywheres close I can suggest an authorized Mercedes Benz mechanic that can fix anything.

Thanks for the info and good luck. Sorry you are having troubles.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 12-06-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Just found out today that my car is going on a ship that is docking in Baltimore.

Usually, the ship from Germany to Los Angeles takes 30 days but that will put them past year end.

Because Mercedes wants to make their numbers for year end, they are, at their expense, dropping the car at Baltimore, then railing it to the VPC in Los Angeles and then getting it to the dealer before year end so they can make their numbers.

Good news for me.

YEAH!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
LovinSL600,

Thanks for joining and welcome aboard.

Here is a list of events that the Bay Area MBCA club did in 2004.

http://www.mbca.org/san_francisco_ba..._of_events.htm

You may want to contact Cecil for the x-mass party on December 11, if you want to go. It is $70 per person.

http://www.mbca.org/san_francisco_ba...iday_party.htm

Contact Cecil Brewer for more details : 925.963.1693 or SlickSilverSLK@att.net

Last edited by tiggerfink; 12-06-2004 at 07:51 PM.