Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
2023 760i and 2023 EQS580V4
Originally Posted by JackStraw
LovinSL600,

Is there a service bulletin out describing your fuel pump problem? Seems like it should be a problem for all of the new V12s.
There is some documentation. I am not sure if it is internal or one of the standard bulletins.

This is much more complicated than it seems. The original part number is superceded to several other numbers so there are 3-4 possibilities of what pump you have in your car.

Even though my car is brand new, I am told my pump can be as much as 6 months old. When we pull out my pump for the new one that comes from Germany, I will let you know what generation I have.

Last edited by LovinMercedes; 02-09-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500 and A-CLASS
I hope the dealer is taking care of you. These things happen, but the dealer can make the experience less stressful. When I take my cars in, I just tell myself it will be a week before I see it.

I also pray that the service advisor will at least send me an email around noon telling me the status of my car. Ops, that was a dream I had. The sad part of taking my car in is the fact that my dealer does not provide a loner car. But the dealer in Memphis does a good job of fixing what they break. I noticed that my leather and trim in my SL500 is getting darker. Now I wish that other dealer would take responsibility in fixing what they break.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:11 PM

1988 560SL (sold); 2001 E430 (sold); 2004 SL500; 2009 CL550
OMG! Tigger, you need to come to Atlanta for service. Not only does my SA call me and keep me updated while the car is being worked on...she RETURNS phone calls within an hour of leaving a message. She's so cool, she's become a friend and now she calls and emails just to chat and see how I'm doing; she called me last week because we hadn't talked in two weeks.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:55 PM

06' CLS 500
Hey LovinSL600, I see your located in San Francisco. Mind if I ask you what dealership you are using? I personally went to RAB Motors across the bridge in Marin County.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MASA
Hey LovinSL600, I see your located in San Francisco. Mind if I ask you what dealership you are using? I personally went to RAB Motors across the bridge in Marin County.
Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
So many generations of pump in just - what - a couple of years? Sounds like this has been a problemmatic part. What surprises me is that if there's an updated part, they doint pull all the existin ones from the supply chain. Or do they continue to fit the old ones and hope for the best?
Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Gunther
OMG! Tigger, you need to come to Atlanta for service. Not only does my SA call me and keep me updated while the car is being worked on...she RETURNS phone calls within an hour of leaving a message. She's so cool, she's become a friend and now she calls and emails just to chat and see how I'm doing; she called me last week because we hadn't talked in two weeks.
Gosh, you'll be dating her next...
Old 02-11-2005, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL500 and A-CLASS
Wow, return phone calls in an hour. Are you dreaming? I have to stop by the dealership, because my SA is always too busy to call me.

Wife and I love going to Atlanta. She is always doing her part in helping the local economy. The shops in Atlanta do not charage us sales tax because we live out of town. We do like going to Nikolai's Roof on top on Hilton on Courtland ST. She also likes the two malls that are across the street from each other. I think they are in buckhead? I just need to know where that good steak house is located, and I will be happy camper when I go to Atlanta.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Originally Posted by LovinSL600
Mercedes Benz of Pleasanton

wata heck where u smoking when u bought the car there!!! thats the worse mb dealer iv seen!
Old 02-12-2005, 01:12 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 232 Likes on 168 Posts
Question

What's the repair status of the 600?
Old 02-12-2005, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RJC
What's the repair status of the 600?
Please see the following link:

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-r230/98165-does-your-2005-have-latest-parts.html
Old 02-12-2005, 03:15 PM

not to beat on a dead horse but,
like everyone i agree... i hate mb quality/service but i dont see my self driving anything else heh.

but for service...this is my person experience and it works well at 2 dealers
penske motors and mb of laguna niguel....

so basically skip the SA... go straight to a tech that you like/trust. Always send you work to him, and *cou BRIBE gh * them with beer or whatever.

Then work on the SA.... after a few times they will make sure everything goes smoothly including calling often.. letting u take the loaners on road trips
etc. Most of all the tech will do all the TSB and extra stuff without you needing to pull teeth.

it sucks we need to do this, but giving a little now makes stuff a lot easier since I know you will be going back there over and over hehe (i hope it doesnt happen but we do have a mbz)

~fk
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 PM

Lexus GS 450h

I guess you have to pay more for a car if you want it to work past 1000 miles.
Man, ya'll are so much better than me. Dropping that much coin on a car and it breaking in 1k miles......
Old 02-16-2005, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up Finally she is back home

Finally, finally I have my baby back. She is running as smooth as ever and the engine is running great.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:05 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

Finally, finally I have my baby back. She is running as smooth as ever and the engine is running great.
Excellent! Now go and treat her to a nice fresh coat of wax.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RJC
Excellent! Now go and treat her to a nice fresh coat of wax.
Great minds think alike. She got a fresh coat of Carnauba Yellow wax this morning.

She looks like somebody coated her with glass. Deep rich shine that you can see yourself in.

She is looking pretty and just lovin it.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:53 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great minds think alike. She got a fresh coat of Carnauba Yellow wax this morning.

She looks like somebody coated her with glass. Deep rich shine that you can see yourself in.

She is looking pretty and just lovin it.
Recently had my 500 in for service, the car is always spotless when it's brought in (as it is almost every day) and as soon as I pick it up it gets thoroughly detailed again by yours truly. I've been detailing all my cars since I started driving many years ago; it's something I really enjoy doing. It pains me when I see some of the nicest cars on the road with the front wheels black as coal and the paint looks as if it hasn't been waxed since it left the showroom and or is full of scratches and swirls. What's even worse is seeing a new Bentley coupe or Porsche turbo cab etc. coming out the end of a mechanical commercial or gas station car wash. I'm so paticular I won't even let the dealer wash my car. The worse thing for me, when I bring any of our cars in for service, is the dreaded collateral damage. We just dropped off our new Touareg for a minor service visit, it went in perfect and came out with a nice scratch on the drivers mirror housing, the dealership offered to repaint it but I got 95% out with a very light compounding. At the MB dealership I have only one tech that works on my car, this way he personally knows both me and my expectations. My girlfriend used to think I'm nuts, and I'm sure she still does, but she's getting more and more like me with her car every day :p. One thing I found to keep that buttery smooth just waxed feeling which fades after a few washes is to use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash; just spray and dry one panel at a time after the final rinse. The finish is immediately smooth as glass again and without having to dry the car first and then use a finishing spray, this makes the process very simple and fast. Since using the product my car always has a nice coat of fresh wax after every single wash and even the biggest bird dropping won't etch the clearcoat. My clients, colleagues and friends all worry when we use one of their cars to go out etc, if it looks abused, they all know they'll be feeling guilty for the first few miles.

Last edited by RJC; 02-16-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2024 AMG G63, 2023 Bentley GTC Speed
Detailing products

Has anyone else tried Griot's Garage detailing products? By far the best I have seen. No swirls on my black cars, and glass-like finish on my silver cars.

www.griotsgarage.com
Old 02-17-2005, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is what I do but it takes some work and assumes it isn't raining all the time which these days in Northern California is a big assumption.

I use PRO WIPEOUT Showroom Spray Wax.

http://www.prowax.com/1gifs/S-74Grp.jpg

You just spray it on and wipe clean. Takes only a minute or so per panel. Less than a 1/2 hour and your are done and it shines.

This assumes the car never gets that dirty. Of course, if it rains, you have to wash first.

In the summer, every few days and the car stays perfect.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:16 AM

Yes I do the same, however with a different brand of product. I find though, since i usually wash the car every week that as it is mostly dust and a bit of dirt on the car, since it has been polished i just wash the car with water and the dirt just slides off, most just with the hose before washing. I do this as car wash strips the car polish, some less so than others, but since water washes fine if the car is polished and not too dirty, the wax will last much longer.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:30 PM

'08 E63 - P 30, 66GT 350 (sold)
Prowax?

I use PRO WIPEOUT Showroom Spray Wax.

http://www.prowax.com/1gifs/S-74Grp.jpg

You just spray it on and wipe clean. Takes only a minute or so per panel. Less than a 1/2 hour and your are done and it shines.
Pretty happy with their stuff? Just checked their website, seems like they offer quite a variety. Did you try their car care kit?

Didn't compare but has to be cheaper than Eastwood or Griots!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Finally diagnosed. It is a fuel pressure problem. It needs a new upgraded fuel pump, module and filter screen which increases the pressure to get more fuel to the front of the engine.

As would be usual for MB, the fuel pump has to come from Germany.

Now, let's see. My car is only 35 days old as it just arrived from Germany on 12/31. How is it possible I don't have the latest and greatest fuel pump?

I posted this in the other forums but just to repost it here....I immediately called my dealership about this issue and they confirmed to me that the SL65 does not have this issue. They said that the fuel pump and filter is different than the one used by SL600. BUT nonetheless, this sucks that it happens to a new SL600.

....though I was told by a sales guy from Claridge's that there are some issues with the SL600 and he even push the SL500 when I bought my SL500 before
Old 02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Is she hot? Pics of the SA please!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by RJC
Recently had my 500 in for service, the car is always spotless when it's brought in (as it is almost every day) and as soon as I pick it up it gets thoroughly detailed again by yours truly. I've been detailing all my cars since I started driving many years ago; it's something I really enjoy doing. It pains me when I see some of the nicest cars on the road with the front wheels black as coal and the paint looks as if it hasn't been waxed since it left the showroom and or is full of scratches and swirls. What's even worse is seeing a new Bentley coupe or Porsche turbo cab etc. coming out the end of a mechanical commercial or gas station car wash. I'm so paticular I won't even let the dealer wash my car. The worse thing for me, when I bring any of our cars in for service, is the dreaded collateral damage. We just dropped off our new Touareg for a minor service visit, it went in perfect and came out with a nice scratch on the drivers mirror housing, the dealership offered to repaint it but I got 95% out with a very light compounding. At the MB dealership I have only one tech that works on my car, this way he personally knows both me and my expectations. My girlfriend used to think I'm nuts, and I'm sure she still does, but she's getting more and more like me with her car every day :p. One thing I found to keep that buttery smooth just waxed feeling which fades after a few washes is to use Eagle One Wax As U Dry after every wash; just spray and dry one panel at a time after the final rinse. The finish is immediately smooth as glass again and without having to dry the car first and then use a finishing spray, this makes the process very simple and fast. Since using the product my car always has a nice coat of fresh wax after every single wash and even the biggest bird dropping won't etch the clearcoat. My clients, colleagues and friends all worry when we use one of their cars to go out etc, if it looks abused, they all know they'll be feeling guilty for the first few miles.
RJC,

My SL65 is dirty....when are you available?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:05 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking

Originally Posted by viper65
RJC,

My SL65 is dirty....when are you available?
LOL If you're female, blonde, attractive, thin and between 18-35 with big b**bs I'll be right over! BTW, I need to borrow the car after I clean it :p